Captain Marvel Official Trailer

legend

1 hour ago, number305 said:

The world moves to fast for me.  Are we not into empowering women now?  This is like the second big budget super-hero movie staring a woman and we are all cool with making fun of the girls butt or lack thereof?  

Some men are slow to evolve and grow. It's more sad to see in 2019 rather than rage inducing. It's like they are mentally handicapped and can't see the world in any other way. 

• Guillotine 1

On 2/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, Dre801 said:

Hope you're not a foot guy, because. . . .wow, are her toes nasty. *shudders*

I am not a foot fetish guy (I mean, I guess I appreciate a good looking foot, but, yeah...), but for some reason this post made me do a Google search, and I found one picture where she's wearing open toed heels at some red carpet event, and has some nasty looking toenail fungus. :sick: You'd think she would wear closed toed shoes if she had that. 

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's funny. No one's getting harassed. Take a chill pill.

It's perpetuating terrible thought processes. And I can be chill and still care and be against something. These are not mutually exclusive propositions. We should be more concerned as to why IdeaOfEvil's first post after a new trailer dropped and was posted in this thread went to the difference in butts rather than me being chill or not.

But sure, let's focus on the reaction to the problem rather than the problem itself. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

It's perpetuating terrible thought processes. And I can be chill and still care and be against something. These are not mutually exclusive propositions. 

It's not perpetuating anything bad. Todd Holland has a fine ass. Brie Larson does not. Unless you think talking about people's attractiveness is a big no no.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's not perpetuating anything bad. Todd Holland has a fine ass. Brie Larson does not. Unless you think talking about people's attractiveness is a big no no.

I think it's truly bizarre for a user's first post in reaction to a new trailer for Captain Marvel to only discuss that difference, which to me has many sexist undertones. The post doesn't even address the movie overall or even the new trailer's quality. And sure, let's talk about her nasty toes too, but not the trailer.

Surely you can see that? Context is king ladies and gentlemen. 

• Guillotine 1

I think it's truly bizarre for a user's first post in reaction to a new trailer for Captain Marvel to only discuss that difference, which to me has many sexist undertones. The post doesn't even address the movie overall or even the new trailer's quality. 

Surely you can see that? Context is king ladies and gentlemen. 

I looked back at the original post and saw no real connection to the trailer, other than circumstantial. Maybe you need something to be offended at? I hear baby seal killing is still going on.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I looked back at the original post and saw no real connection to the trailer, other than circumstantial. Maybe you need something to be offended at? I hear baby seal killing is still going on.

Exactly - this is IdeaofEvil's MO. He almost exclusively focuses on womens' looks without any substance to the actual point of the thread - discussion of the film. Not all the time, but often. 

I'm not looking to get offended, there are actual things to be offended at in this thread. Given I'm not the only one who reacted to it in the thread, see: @Chris- and @number305 I'd imagine you are trying to ignore the evidence that is clearly there. Or do you think we're all crazy? I'm not some SJW virtue signaller, so stop trying to pigeonhole me into that role.

There's been some mid-level offensive posting in the thread, and calling it out is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Exactly - this is IdeaofEvil's MO. He almost exclusively focuses on womens' looks without any substance to the actual point of the thread - discussion of the film

I'm not looking to get offended, there are actual things to be offended at in this thread. Given I'm not the only one who reacted to it in the thread, see: @Chris- and @number305 I'd imagine you are trying to ignore the evidence that is clearly there. Or do you think we're all crazy?

There's a good chance I think you're all crazy. Especially since I'm clearly not the only one of that found it funny.

9 minutes ago, Reputator said:

There's a good chance I think you're all crazy. Especially since I'm clearly not the only one of that found it funny.

There's nothing wrong with his post in a vacuum, that's what you are missing. It's the context of the post (what it followed, who it came from, what the post was primarily about) that is problematic. 

I comment on womens' looks, there's nothing wrong with that, depending on the context, how it's done, etc. 

If Hitler and a Jewish person make the exact same Jewish joke, one is problematic and one is not. It's why a comedienne can talk about sexual assault but Louis C.K. needs to shut the fuck up. 

There does seem to be a lot of sexism with this movie, which is weird because I don't remember it happening with Wonder Woman, the last big female lead superhero movie. Just take a look on Twitter for the amount of guys complaining that she isn't smiling. WTF!? 

The only "Sexism" attatched to this move is that the terrible Brie Larson is using it as an activist movement instead of a popcorn flick, which is all it is, but it's looking to be a dull one so why not us it that way. There is no sexism in the real world with movie goers. Wonder Woman was phenominal and loved by the masses but gets slid under the rug in gender enpowerment debates. There were idiots out that that did that when Black Pather came out and that movie wasn't bad at all, saying how amazing it was that finally there was a black lead superhero movie while somehow ignoring Spawn and Blade, the latter being far supperior - 3 films and a TV series. 

Same with races, women in lead and supporting character roles have always been in film, just look at Star Wars and Alien. Just back then no one was so focused on what was between their legs or what color skin they were born with. They were just cool well written characters. Lando a charismatic character that lit up the screen, he was powerful and commanded a whole city who went on to destroy Death Star II. Then Disney took over and helped create Finn, a bumbling sanitation worker who doesn't do much of anything. Then we have Leia a kick ass leader who can help herself who earned her role, like Luke...then Rey a "mary sue" who's all powerful and skilled right out of the box. Lazy writing and virtue signalling. But Disney is learning that movie audiences are smarter and don't want that crap so these things bomb. Captain Marvel looks to bomb too. 

In the end, Captain Marvel looks dull except maybe for the Skrulls, so what else is there to talk about? It's dull as Larson's backside. Wretched as her toes. That's not sexist it's observant. And a pretty good analogy. And given Larson's toxic personality...fitting. 

P.S. Male humans talk about female body parts. They're animals. It's natural. 

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Yeah The Last Jedi was a complete bomb when it and its associated merchandise made 1.3 billion dollars...:rolleyes:

Brie Larson also happens to be a very good actress, and this movie looks like a lot of fun.

The trailers look great. It seems that the detractor's main complaint is "she's not smiling enough" or some nonsense.

Change my mind.

::wade:

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah The Last Jedi was a complete bomb when it and its associated merchandise made 1.3 billion dollars...:rolleyes:

Brie Larson also happens to be a very good actress, and this movie looks like a lot of fun.

The Last Jedi did good at the box office sure but only because The Force Awakens did so well people rushed out to go see it. However TLJ made less money than TFA because word of mouth caught on that it was a sloppy mess. It split the fanbase so significantly that home video sales were weak and the next Star Wars to come out, "Solo", completely bombed. Too bad because Solo was a good movie. 

Brie Larson, well she's a bit player at best. Takes small roles in movies everyone forgets she was in and stars in TV melodramas. She comes across as someone's irritated mom and forgettable. There are so many other female Marvel actors who deserve films than "Captain Marvel" who was originally a black female character in the comics who later turned white somehow. I don't care if she smiles or not but Larson doesn't display much of a personality. Dull. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The only "Sexism" attatched to this move is that the terrible Brie Larson is using it as an activist movement instead of a popcorn flick, which is all it is, but it's looking to be a dull one so why not us it that way. There is no sexism in the real world with movie goers

On 2/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, IdeaOfEvil said:

So far my disappointment with Brie is that someone mixed up her workout videos with Spider-man's =(

wrong.jpg

Wonder Woman was phenominal and loved by the masses but gets slid under the rug in gender enpowerment debates.

1 movie doesnt make up for the years where women at best where just eye candy. Its a fantastic start but its a drop in the hat. 

There were idiots out that that did that when Black Pather came out and that movie wasn't bad at all, saying how amazing it was that finally there was a black lead superhero movie while somehow ignoring Spawn and Blade, the latter being far supperior - 3 films and a TV series. 

My sister in laws boyfriend explained it this way to me

The difference between Spawn/Blade and The Black Panther is the latter are characters that are black and thats it, you could easly swap in white characters and nothing of value is lost. The Black Panther on the other hand is very much defined as a character based on his his homeland and his "blackness" for a lack of a better term.

4 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Same with races, women in lead and supporting character roles have always been in film, just look at Star Wars and Alien. Just back then no one was so focused on what was between their legs or what color skin they were born with. They were just cool well written character

Dan O bannon wrote Ripley as male character, Scott went with women to fake out the audience.

What would you think if Ripley was a woman? She would be the last one you would think would survive—she’s beautiful.”

Lando a charismatic character that lit up the screen, he was powerful and commanded a whole city who went on to destroy Death Star II.

Black skin does not make a black man, hes a humanoid from the planet Socorro,played by a black actor.

P.S. Male humans talk about female body parts. They're animals. It's natural. 

Time to cover up the women folk, cant have the men becoming all lusty,they just animals and cant help themselves.

44 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The Last Jedi did good at the box office sure but only because The Force Awakens did so well people rushed out to go see it. However TLJ made less money than TFA because word of mouth caught on that it was a sloppy mess. It split the fanbase so significantly that home video sales were weak and the next Star Wars to come out, "Solo", completely bombed. Too bad because Solo was a good movie. 

Brie Larson, well she's a bit player at best. Takes small roles in movies everyone forgets she was in and stars in TV melodramas. She comes across as someone's irritated mom and forgettable. There are so many other female Marvel actors who deserve films than "Captain Marvel" who was originally a black female character in the comics who later turned white somehow. I don't care if she smiles or not but Larson doesn't display much of a personality. Dull. 

The Last Jedi was longer than The Force Awakens, meaning less showings per day, and many sequels don't do as well as their predecessors, doesn't make them bombs. 

Captain Marvel was first an alien that looked like a white guy known as Mar-Vell, then the title was passed to a black woman yes, but that's a completely different character than Carol Danvers who is the current Captain Marvel. 

In conclusion you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The Last Jedi did good at the box office sure but only because The Force Awakens did so well people rushed out to go see it. However TLJ made less money than TFA because word of mouth caught on that it was a sloppy mess. It split the fanbase so significantly that home video sales were weak

It made less but was the Top grossing film of the year and 3rd in home video sales,hardly a bomb.

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's perpetuating terrible thought processes. And I can be chill and still care and be against something. These are not mutually exclusive propositions. We should be more concerned as to why IdeaOfEvil's first post after a new trailer dropped and was posted in this thread went to the difference in butts rather than me being chill or not.

But sure, let's focus on the reaction to the problem rather than the problem itself. 

What? :confused:

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Exactly - this is IdeaofEvil's MO. He almost exclusively focuses on womens' looks without any substance to the actual point of the thread - discussion of the film. Not all the time, but often.

I don't post here enough to have an MO, lol! And I've never concerned myself with the looks of a woman as equating to there being a good movie or not, haha!

You SJW/KKK (Knights of Kathleen Kennedy) D1P posters won the war and ran all the fun out these boards long ago with your bullying and glad-handing made up nonsense. It's why there's so few people posting in here anymore. But I digress...

I'll still come back for the small, but interesting, talks about movies when they happen. But it's so hard to separate great analysis from the city college pyscho-babble that a very specific select few of you throw in here and there that it becomes a legit chore to get through a lot of posts... A LEGIT CHORE, haha. If anything, spinning a stupid photo I found somewhere else, where it's found to be funny by a good amount of people, just shows how miserable a lot of posters here are because of their hatred for life and for me (apparently), lol.

It's a funny photo of two people in ridiculous costumes, and the "standard" of beauty in the eyes of the majority of human beings is clearly with the wrong gender. But I'm sure you'll try and spin that logic into some hate-bait against lgbtq/minority/wtfbbq-sauce like usual.

Eh, whatever... :duckhuntdog: