Captain Marvel Official Trailer

legend

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

All you really need to know:

Captain Marvel is OP and after meeting Fury in the 90's she went into space to help aliens but not before giving him a way to page her for emergencies only.

I've also seen every other one of these movies so my inner completionist nerd just disapproves of skipping one before Endgame. 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'd figured they'd have made it easier to see the movie in time for Endgame. :shrug:

My guy, they're releasing a blockbuster movie that requires the viewing of 20 other movies stretching back over a decade in order to fully grasp what's going on.  They're not in the business of making this easy, they're in the business of separating you from your dollars.

36 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Captain Marvel is better than most of the MCU movies so you might as well see it in the theater

Nah.  It's middle of the road.  It rates about the same as Thor 1.  Much better than Hulk, or Thor 2... but not 'better than most'.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw it. I think people would have been raving about this if it'd come out when, say, Thor 2 did. Like, it was enjoyable, but overall I think we're just all having our reactions shaped off the fact that the baseline of quality for these movies has gotten higher as time has gone on. 

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Finally saw it. I think people would have been raving about this if it'd come out when, say, Thor 2 did. Like, it was enjoyable, but overall I think we're just all having our reactions shaped off the fact that the baseline of quality for these movies has gotten higher as time has gone on. 

I also think it’s hard to hold up an origin story as high. We’ve been surrounded by movies where the characters don’t need to introduced and explained. They just “are”. That’s part of what makes Avengers movies so fun. All the buld up and preparation is done so we get to jump right in.