Captain Marvel Official Trailer

legend

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

@sblfilms dammit you opened my eyes after you pointed out the train scene.  I honestly have never noticed how often there are train scenes in action movies.  Its actually pretty hilarious now.

It's the best getaway though. Slow acceleration along a fixed path with a fixed destination. Who wouldn't choose it as their getaway vehicle?

2 minutes ago, Dragonseeker said:

For those of you who saw the movie, do you think I have to see this before Endgame? If this film has no critical elements that ties to Endgame, I might skip it until Blu-Ray. 

Besides Carol showing up and saving the universe in End Game, there isn’t much there :p 

18 minutes ago, Dragonseeker said:

For those of you who saw the movie, do you think I have to see this before Endgame? If this film has no critical elements that ties to Endgame, I might skip it until Blu-Ray. 

can probably skip it,. No real tie in with Endgame other than introducing audiences to the character so when she shows up they aren't wondering who she is. 

20 minutes ago, Dragonseeker said:

If you've stayed with the MCU this long and invested in every other movie anyways, then there's no reason not to see this before Endgame. There is an end credits scene dealing with her pager and Fury having dropped it at the end of IW, and who knows what surprises the Russo's might have pulled from this movie to be in EG.

Saw it, liked it. Liked the Twist that as a Marvel fan I didn't see coming but made sense. Mendelson steals the show and I look forward to seeing what they do with Carol moving forward.  Outside of the Russo's,  most of the Marvel directors still can't decent action scenes though. The Russo's films and Dr Strange have had the best action sequences of the Marvel films to date. Ragnorok's was okay too.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. As usual, a good MCU film. This as my first time watching a feature with Brie Larson and she is Captain Marvel. After seeing it, I get why she was never smiling in the ads, lol. Once the action started, the movie never slowed down to me which is a good thing in my world. My son was with me and he loved it. I didn't think I would enjoy Fury as much as I did in the film. She's a powerhouse and cannot wait to see her give Thanos them hands and also hope that her and Hulk give Thanos a Legion of Doom Doomsday device or Dudley's 3D tag team move on the Mad Titan. 

I liked the film but think it could/will improve upon another viewing. Already preordered my Zavvi 3D Steelbook. Thought the 3D at times was spectacular and on par with Infinity War. I think by mid film the pace was a little slow for me, but liked the fully charged up ending. Acting I think was solid throughout and people shouldn’t worry from what they were seeing in the trailers. Yeah I agree that Brie runs weirdly though. I wish some of the camera work was better for the fights and reminded me of Batman Begins and the complaining it received. Still a good outing for Marvel

Never thought I would see such deserving love for Paddington 2 in a Captain Marvel thread:sun: Import the UHD from the UK as it is a stunning looking disc

Looks like it will be the 7th-highest opening, behind the following:

Avengers: Infinity War ($258m)

Avengers ($207m)

Black Panther ($202m)

Avengers: Age of Ultron ($191m)

Captain America: Civil War ($179m)

Iron Man 3 ($174m)

Captain Marvel ($160m estimate)

So in pretty good company.

One of the things that I really liked as a Marvel fan and admittedly this would mean less to people who weren't fans of the comics, was how they subverted expectations. I knew they were being selective with the marketing and I didn't watch a lot of the trailers so maybe folks were able to figure this out, but I assumed that 

Spoiler

Jude Law was Mar-Vell and The Skrulls were the Bad guys... Turns out Annette Bening was Mar-Vell and The Skrulls were the "good" guys. 

That was a nice twist.

57 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

One of the things that I really liked as a Marvel fan and admittedly this would mean less to people who weren't fans of the comics, was how they subverted expectations. I knew they were being selective with the marketing and I didn't watch a lot of the trailers so maybe folks were able to figure this out, but I assumed that 

Reveal hidden contents

That was a nice twist.

What is your opinion on 

Spoiler

Why Fury has to wear an eyepatch?  I liked it but some people thought it was dumb and either wanted it to be badass or not explained. Idk what the comic book reason is. 

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

What is your opinion on 

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't mind it. It was a little anticlimactic and he was a little to calm about it but... yeah. 

Spoiler

In the comics it was shrapnel from a grenade that did it for White Nick Fury... for Black Nick Fury (the white guy's son) I forget what did it. I think it was also an explosion.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hide contents

Jude Law was Mar-Vell and The Skrulls were the Bad guys... Turns out Annette Bening was Mar-Vell and The Skrulls were the "good" guys. 

That was a nice twist.

except for the fact that 

Spoiler

the skrulls are classic bad guys and could have lent themselves to a number of storyline....secret invasoin!!

1 hour ago, johnny said:

What is your opinion on 

Reveal hidden contents

personally I didn't like it all that much because 

Spoiler

it was much too jokey. I mean in Winter Solider we already heard Fury saying the last time he trusted someone he lost an eye...are we really supposed to equate his playing kissy face with a cat as trusting someone?? 

to me I would rather they not to shove so many explanations into the movie, it felt a bit like how they tried to throw in everything and the kitchen sink into Solo

39 minutes ago, johnny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This... and Kevin Fiege has said as much.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/08/captain-marvel-skrulls-secret-invasion-sequel-kevin-feige/

Just piggybacking on what has already been said, the movie was decent but overall bland in many ways. The biggest disappointment was Marvel herself. I just don't think she was very dynamic when compared to any of the supporting roles. Hopefully she comes off better in End Game. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with it tbh.

Side question: this movie has a 34% audience score on RT. How many of those are angry trolls and how many are legit you think?  

26 minutes ago, Anzo said:

Just piggybacking on what has already been said, the movie was decent but overall bland in many ways. The biggest disappointment was Marvel herself. I just don't think she was very dynamic when compared to any of the supporting roles. Hopefully she comes off better in End Game. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with it tbh.

Side question: this movie has a 34% audience score on RT. How many of those are angry trolls and how many are legit you think?  

Anti-women trolls. If you look at the scores, it's a bunch of 7s to 10s, and then a bunch of 1s.