Captain Marvel Official Trailer

legend

21 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I am sure the average joe remembers your lunch box from 30+ years, we are not the average population, we are tiny slice of people that enjoy that shit.  

He is right about that whole "Secret War" toy push in the 80's... one of the toy companies, I think it was Mattel got the rights to the Marvel characters and the whole Secret War series was conceived to help sell those toys. There was a whole merchandising push with commercials and everything. My Brother and I had a lot of those toys. It was still mostly just the "main" marvel characters, Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine.... I don't think Thor even had a toy.

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He is right about that whole "Secret War" toy push in the 80's... one of the toy companies, I think it was Mattel got the rights to the Marvel characters and the whole Secret War series was conceived to help sell those toys. There was a whole merchandising push with commercials and everything. My Brother and I had a lot of those toys. It was still mostly just the "main" marvel characters, Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine.... I don't think Thor even had a toy.

I never denied it happening just that it had nothing to with the MCU being what it is. We also tend to forget we are not your average consumers, we love this shit.

48 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also Carol Danvers AKA Ms. Marvel AKA Binary AKA Warbird AKA Captain Marvel has been consistently  portrayed as one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe ever since she first went super-saiya... I mean Binary, way back in  X-men 164 from 1982. I know because I actually OWN that comic. She punched Rogue into freaking Orbit. The same Rogue who had a portion of HER strength from permanently absorbing her powers when she was Ms. marvel. Her "power up" isn't some social justice pandering as is being alluded to in this thread but is WHO she's been for going on 30 years. 

Forgot to ask you, did you know this by heart or did you look it up?

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:42 PM, RedSoxFan9 said:

Captain Marvel, Star Wars 2019, and Avengers your heroes aren’t dead will all make a ton of money.  However, no one should give a shit if Disney makes money or not. 

SOME people have reason to care :p

3 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Forgot to ask you, did you know this by heart or did you look it up?

Nope... knew it by heart. The only thing I looked  up was the exact issue number she first went Binary in :blush: One of my first comics I ever had was the Avengers Annual where Rogue first took her powers. Ms. Marvel always fascinated me because she had such a... controversial... storyline going on, right when I started getting into comics. She's been a Mrvel mainstay for awhile though since Kurt Busiek made her an Avenger again as Warbird in the early 2000's... and yes I have those books too :lol:

26 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I never denied it happening just that it had nothing to with the MCU being what it is. We also tend to forget we are not your average consumers, we love this shit.

You implied Marvel super heroes weren't house hold names before the MCU. They sure as hell were. The characters plastered on to everything. 

Also Ms. Marvel and Warbird were always tough Captain Marvels even though sometimes she was portrayed to be a slut. But now days she's ultra feminism and it's hurting sales. Same with the movie, the box office predictions are all over the place as low as 80mil up to 140+. Larson isn't helping with her activist campaign virtually telling men not to see it and creating bullshit charaity campaigns for underprivilaged girls to see her for a couple of hours, not boys, no they get to stay home. It's a scam and I'm surprised she's getting away with it. If it were a real charity, she'd have flipped for the bill herself instead of asking the public to buy extra tickets which will artificially inflatethe box office tallies. 

This has nothing to do with "women hating men", that's a lame narrative crazy people created. Movie goers are fine with female leads in film. Of course there's always fringe outliers but the vast majority of normies don't give a shit about a persons sexual organs they just want good stories. Man when we were kids watching Star Wars in theaters and Wonder Woman on TV  no one game two shits about gender politics. That's a new thing crazy people cooked up and something that needs to go away soon. 

• Guillotine 1

Man, Alien-Gunner is really stanning for the alt-right in this thread. Guardians were complete unknowns to the general public until the movie. The Avengers and Spider-Man were well known, but all of the other characters are b-tier (at best) nobodies. We've heard of them because we are nerds on a videogame forum, but most people haven't. To claim otherwise is ignorance. Also, he criticizes Captain Marvel for being a one-dimensional power fantasy...which is exactly what Superman is. But where is the criticism for Superman? Also, what was Brie Larson's "attack" on white men, exactly? When she called for more female and non-white critics? Because that's a good thing to call for. Diversity of background and opinion in all sectors of society benefits us as a whole. Just sounds like AG is a regressive dude.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:lol:For the record, NO ONE including a lot of comic fans knew who the Guardians were before the movie... most folks don't even know that the movie team isn't even the original, classic team.

I could be wrong, but I think before the movie that exact group had never been together before as the Guardians. Those characters all existed and had been in the Guardians at one point or another. 

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Man, Alien-Gunner is really stanning for the alt-right in this thread. Guardians were complete unknowns to the general public until the movie. The Avengers and Spider-Man were well known, but all of the other characters are b-tier (at best) nobodies. We've heard of them because we are nerds on a videogame forum, but most people haven't. To claim otherwise is ignorance. Also, he criticizes Captain Marvel for being a one-dimensional power fantasy...which is exactly what Superman is. But where is the criticism for Superman? Also, what was Brie Larson's "attack" on white men, exactly? When she called for more female and non-white critics? Because that's a good thing to call for. Diversity of background and opinion in all sectors of society benefits us as a whole. Just sounds like AG is a regressive dude.

And here we go with the "alt-right" bullshit labeling. HAHA. Get the fuck out of here with your lunacy. You sound like a Nazi when you talk like that!

• Guillotine 1

50 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

And here we go with the "alt-right" bullshit labeling. HAHA. Get the fuck out of here with your lunacy. You sound like a Nazi when you talk like that!

Well you're regurgitating their talking points. Why do you criticize Captain Marvel and not Superman? Also you didn't respond to anything in my post.

58 minutes ago, number305 said:

I could be wrong, but I think before the movie that exact group had never been together before as the Guardians. Those characters all existed and had been in the Guardians at one point or another. 

That exact group? No... but a group very close to that composition formed after the Annihilation Event in the late 2000's. That's when they brought back Star Lord, revamped Drax, Rocket and Groot and made them Guardians along with a bunch of other characters who didn't make the cut for the movie.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well you're regurgitating their talking points. Why do you criticize Captain Marvel and not Superman? Also you didn't respond to anything in my post.

There was nothing worth responding to in your post. I'm talking about Captain Marvel I don't give a shit about Superman. You want to take it personal and dehumanize me with "wrong think" labels like Nazi's did to the Jews. You want to talk about Captain Marvel or how super heroes have been a part of US pop culture for years outside of just comics, cool. Want to call me an alt-right regressive or any other bullshit weirdo label then you can just piss off. 

• Guillotine 1

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

You implied Marvel super heroes weren't house hold names before the MCU. They sure as hell were. The characters plastered on to everything. 

Also Ms. Marvel and Warbird were always tough Captain Marvels even though sometimes she was portrayed to be a slut. But now days she's ultra feminism and it's hurting sales. Same with the movie, the box office predictions are all over the place as low as 80mil up to 140+. Larson isn't helping with her activist campaign virtually telling men not to see it and creating bullshit charaity campaigns for underprivilaged girls to see her for a couple of hours, not boys, no they get to stay home. It's a scam and I'm surprised she's getting away with it. If it were a real charity, she'd have flipped for the bill herself instead of asking the public to buy extra tickets which will artificially inflatethe box office tallies. 

This has nothing to do with "women hating men", that's a lame narrative crazy people created. Movie goers are fine with female leads in film. Of course there's always fringe outliers but the vast majority of normies don't give a shit about a persons sexual organs they just want good stories. Man when we were kids watching Star Wars in theaters and Wonder Woman on TV  no one game two shits about gender politics. That's a new thing crazy people cooked up and something that needs to go away soon. 

How is she virtually telling men not to see it?

Captain Marvel: First Reactions Praise 'Surprising,' 'Badass' Film

Following a press screening, the first reactions to Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel are rolling in. Overwhelmingly positive, the responses call the film surprising in all the right ways, defying expectation and bursting with fun and laughter.

According to critics, Captain Marvel swings for the fences and makes some ambitious choices, even as it captures the atmosphere of its '90s setting. What's more, Carol Danvers herself Brie Larson "literally shines" and brings "sass, strength and energy" to the role. Ben Mendelsohn, who has hardly appeared in the trailers to date, earns a lot of praise for his scene-stealing portrayal of Skrull leader Talos. Carol's feline companion Goose also looks to be winning hearts.

Various tweets in the link 

10 hours ago, Jose said:

How is she virtually telling men not to see it?

She isn't. That's why I said AG was spewing alt-right talking points (he is). The alt-right are saying that Larson hates men and doesn't want them to see the movie. In fact, what she actually said is that she is tired of movie critics being only white men (which is by and large true), and wants to see more critics who are women and people of colour. But women-hating men interpret that to mean that men shouldn't see the movie. :silly:

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Because SJWs should smile more feminazis discouraging masculine pandering to talentless Oscar winner can you even review bomb non reviews The Last Jedi for some reason also.

LOL.  Is this a sentence?  

I'm looking forward to this movie.  Hope it is good.  

Everyone else in this thread: Alien-Gunner is pretty much a sexist asshole, which makes him fall in line with the social values of the alt-right.

Alien-Gunner: You're all crazy. I'm definitely not any of the things that everyone in this thread thinks I am.

Okay then.

This is the equivalent of everyone telling you YOU'RE the asshole but you still saying you aren't. You don't get to make that determination, everyone else does! If everyone says you are a sexist asshole, then you should probably accept that you are one after enough people have told you so and re-evaluate what you're missing to have everyone think you are one but you yourself don't think you are one.

I somehow doubt Alien-Gunner will ever bother with this sort of introspection. Better to dig in more! 

This mostly makes me think that people like Alien-Gunner don't even know what misogyny and sexism even are or what that looks like today. 

Interesting bit of trivia for Xmen fans particularly fans of the 90's cartoon. The X-man Rogue's mutant powers allow her to absorb the memories and abilities  but her strength and flight powers came from Carol Danvers AKA Ms. Marvel. She absorbed her powers and memories but the transfer became permanent and left Carol a mental shell... this was AFTER she got abducted and mind/physically raped by her own son from the future :o Doubt any of THAT stuff will make it into the movies :p

6 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Interesting that IGN pulled from this list (and posted up last night) many of the ones that are nothing but hype-terms from people who sound like they're in their mid-20's to mid-30's who have no vocabulary and just want to be noticed in life =/ "It's a blast!" "It's awesome!" "It's nostalgic!" :rolleyes:

But at least Darkhorizons posted up the more in depth and clearer reviews where a fairer assessment says it's slow to start and that halfway through the movie it turns into the fun popcorn flik that they all wanted to see. And some even go on to call out specific roles (mainly the main baddie) as being the best part of the cast, which gives me more of an idea of the type of movie I'm in for than the blanket statements the other tweets were giving... "Just enough 90's nostalgia without over doing it!" :frustrated:

On 2/6/2019 at 7:49 PM, IdeaOfEvil said:

You SJW/KKK (Knights of Kathleen Kennedy) D1P posters won the war and ran all the fun out these boards long ago with your bullying and glad-handing made up nonsense. It's why there's so few people posting in here anymore. But I digress...

I have no idea what's going on, but you do realize that the boards have shrunk a bit each year well before Last Jedi even released a trailer, right?

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Interesting that IGN pulled from this list (and posted up last night) many of the ones that are nothing but hype-terms from people who sound like they're in their mid-20's to mid-30's who have no vocabulary and just want to be noticed in life =/ "It's a blast!" "It's awesome!" "It's nostalgic!" :rolleyes:

But at least Darkhorizons posted up the more in depth and clearer reviews where a fairer assessment says it's slow to start and that halfway through the movie it turns into the fun popcorn flik that they all wanted to see. And some even go on to call out specific roles (mainly the main baddie) as being the best part of the cast, which gives me more of an idea of the type of movie I'm in for than the blanket statements the other tweets were giving... "Just enough 90's nostalgia without over doing it!" :frustrated:

You just described MOST modern reviewers on the internet.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I have no idea what's going on, but you do realize that the boards have shrunk a bit each year well before Last Jedi even released a trailer, right?

People always pull this shit. This board always seems to be perpetually just turning into a shithole because we are too leftist on the CEB or we *check notes* enjoyed TLJ. Rumors of our demise are greatly exaggerated.

Just now, sblfilms said:

29% “want to see” on a movie tracking int the 120-140 range for opening weekend?

:jordan:

The fact that The Last Jedi has an excellent IMDb score but a terrible audience Tomatometer score (despite making crazy money at the box office and having an A or A- cinemascore) tells you all you need to know when RottenTomatoes audience scores are being manipulated.