~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
legend

Movies Captain Marvel Official Trailer

I know absolutely nothing about Captain Marvel.  Not in any rush to see it but I will eventually since it ties in with all the other movies. :shrug:

1 hour ago, Brick said:

So she's basically Samus Aran as a Super Saiyan? I'm cool with that. 

Well she's been around longer than both of those characters so... :p

I thought the trailer looked great. Not sure I liked Brei Larson's line readings, seemed stiff and weird... but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, ort said:

I thought the trailer looked great. Not sure I liked Brei Larson's line readings, seemed stiff and weird... but we'll see.

Yeah, I've never really seen any flicks with Brie Larson in them, is she always so wooden?

I've only seen her in Scott Pilgrim, and she did fine playing a stuck up vindictive jerk.

The Marvel movies are all very well casted, so I'm not too worried. They do a great job at finding the right people for the most part.

But her readings of those lines in the trailer did sound really off to me.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, ort said:

I've only seen her in Scott Pilgrim, and she did fine playing a stuck up vindictive jerk.

The Marvel movies are all very well casted, so I'm not too worried. They do a great job at finding the right people for the most part.

But her readings of those lines in the trailer did sound really off to me.

Holy shit... that WAS her in Scott Pilgrim! I never connected that until just now :p  Her claim to fame is that movie THE ROOM from awhile back that garnered her all kinds of awards buzz including and Oscar nomination. Don't think she won though.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Holy shit... that WAS her in Scott Pilgrim! I never connected that until just now :p  Her claim to fame is that movie THE ROOM from awhile back that garnered her all kinds of awards buzz including and Oscar nomination. Don't think she won though.

Yeah, she was great in that too!

theroom.jpg

She's fantastic in both Short Term 12 (a small indie from about 5 years ago)  and Room (she did win the Oscar for that one). Free Fire is a fun one too. I have a hard time imagining her as the star of a blockbuster like this, but she's great with the right material. She didn't have much to do in Kong: Skull Island for example, which is probably her "biggest" movie before Captain Marvel. 

On 12/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, ort said:

You never saw her in 21 Jump Street?

Brie Larson is fantastic. I have no worries about her. This trailer makes the movie look kinda meh but I’m sure at worst it’ll be average. 

The first trailer didn't really get me too excited for this movie but this trailer did! I'm pumped and can't wait to see how this ties into everything. :)