NFL Week 17 - 2 More Weeks of This Crap?

Keyser_Soze

Thursday, December 29
Matchup                Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Dallas at spacer.png Tennessee              5:15 PM Prime Video
Sunday, January 1
Matchup Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Arizona at spacer.png Atlanta 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Chicago at spacer.png Detroit 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Denver at spacer.png Kansas City 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png Miami at spacer.png New England 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png Indianapolis at spacer.png NY Giants 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png New Orleans at spacer.png Philadelphia  10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Carolina at spacer.png Tampa Bay 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Cleveland at spacer.png Washington 10:00 AM FOX
spacer.png Jacksonville at spacer.png Houston 10:00 AM CBS
spacer.png San Francisco at spacer.png Las Vegas 1:05 PM FOX
spacer.png NY Jets at spacer.png Seattle 1:05 PM FOX
spacer.png Minnesota at spacer.png Green Bay 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png LA Rams at spacer.png LA Chargers 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png Pittsburgh atspacer.png Baltimore 5:20 PM NBC
Monday, January 2
Matchup                 Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Buffalo at spacer.png Cincinnati               5:15 PM ESPN

This week we've got the battle of Los Angeles and a potential playoff match up along with a bunch of other teams trying their best to make it into the playoffs in the most difficult way possible.

23 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

If the Broncos are smart they will throw all the money at Harbaugh. The Broncos need a coach who is actually in charge, not one subservient to the QB. Tell Russ he doesn't get an office anymore and he doesn't get his own staff.

I think there are a couple things here. The Broncos aren't smart and if they did throw money at Harbaugh the smart move would to be to refuse the job. :p

@Biggie I’ve changed my mind from our back and forth a couple of weeks.  Yeah, there are a lot of bad teams in the league. Most of the games I’ve watched, though, even the mid tier games and teams have been pretty good, be user of the good QBs I’ve watched, which the afc is littered with, but yeah I’m now with you.

Unrelated, the combined win total of 23 next week Monday is the highest combined win total between two teams in the 53 year history of Monday Night Football.

6 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

@Biggie I’ve changed my mind from our back and forth a couple of weeks.  Yeah, there are a lot of bad teams in the league. Most of the games I’ve watched, though, even the mid tier games and teams have been pretty good, be user of the good QBs I’ve watched, which the afc is littered with, but yeah I’m now with you.

Unrelated, the combined win total of 23 next week Monday is the highest combined win total between two teams in the 53 year history of Monday Night Football.

NFC South still a toss up between 3 teams. If Carolina wins the division they would still have a sub .500 record.

• True 1

The Raiders have done Carr dirty -- treating him like they are on the way out is shitty.

I don't necessarily with the disagree with trying to find a better/different QB -- telling him to go home with 2 games left, without saying goodbye to his teammates or fans is low.

From the Athletic:

"Since drafting Carr in 2014, the #Raiders rank 19th in expected points added (EPA) on offense while ranking 32nd in combined EPA on defense and special teams."

Carr isn't an elite QB, but he has been the best part of the Raiders for the last 10 years.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Amen.

A team with a losing record has zero business being in the playoffs ahead of any team with a winning record.

And the winner of a shitty division like the NFC South could host a home playoff game against a team with a much better record 

14 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The Raiders have done Carr dirty -- treating him like they are on the way out is shitty.

I don't necessarily with the disagree with trying to find a better/different QB -- telling him to go home with 2 games left, without saying goodbye to his teammates or fans is low.

From the Athletic:

"Since drafting Carr in 2014, the #Raiders rank 19th in expected points added (EPA) on offense while ranking 32nd in combined EPA on defense and special teams."

Carr isn't an elite QB, but he has been the best part of the Raiders for the last 10 years.

and the comments out in the ether have been terrible. Putting it on him for walking out.

idiots.  This is all contract based.  He gets hurt these last two games and the Raiders are on the hook.

I agree with GMFB.  He is a good, not great QB, but the way that team has been run, man…He will be playing on a much better team next year.  Would not be surprised to see him in Jets green.

@Slug

I’m sorry they lost, Slug, and I have been wrong about a couple of things.

However, going back to the off-season I was not wrong about Wentz (at this point of his career I never understood the appreciation that some had for him around here) and somewhat validated a bit about Riverboat Ron…turning to Wentz was stupid and him not knowing his team could be full fledged eliminated today was just plain ignorant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

What happened during MNF? I missed the first part.

Player down and being rushed to the hospital, game suspended. Scary scary situation.