I’ve started watching hockey

CastlevaniaNut18

I confess, I loved The Mighty Ducks movies as a kid and I thought it was a cool sport. But growing up where I did, I wasn’t an option for me. 

Anyway, here I am at age 35, deciding I wanna watch some games and damn, this is a fun sport. I regret not getting into it sooner. 

Guess I’ll be following the Bruins, given my affinity for New England sports, plus I’m at least somewhat familiar with that team since I follow a couple NE sports websites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I only watch playoff hockey. I will got to a few games a year since the Devils are close by, but I don’t root for anyone in particular. I’ll support any of the local teams when in the playoffs. 

Pretty sure next time I visit Boston, I’ll be going to TD Garden. I think it would be cool to see a hockey game in person. Been to quite a few MLB games now, but no NBA or NFL. Though I think I care about NFL the least in person. 

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, I’ve already discussed it with him :p 

This is true lol

Still though, a good way to learn the ebb and flow of the game is the video games. It takes time to pick up the nuance of the sport but if you can figure out football you can get hockey.

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Pretty sure next time I visit Boston, I’ll be going to TD Garden. I think it would be cool to see a hockey game in person. Been to quite a few MLB games now, but no NBA or NFL. Though I think I care about NFL the least in person. 

My sister lives in Boston so I have been to a couple of games. TD Garden is a fun place to watch a game. 

• 4 months later...

Well @CastlevaniaNut18bruins are a shoe in for the next round as the panthers are not a solid team. Granted they can re discover their game and sneak out a victory over the bruins for sure but they’re not nearly as concerning as the isles.

Isles hurricanes should be a good series and leaf’s lighting will likely go the distance again.

As the resident Islanders fan, I'll say I'm not totally discouraged after last night. I'm used to the PP being ass and this team playing dead for the 1st 55 minutes of a game. Barzy was noticeably rusty and our PK was uncharacteristically bad. I'm predicting a long, home-team series which means we just need to steal one.

Yep

this the team I expect every playoffs 😂

It’s honestly just funny at this point. Time to grill, I’ll have it on in the background but I’ve better things to do than watch the same story for another year.

The bolts are massively outclassing the leafs.

I canceled sex to watch this shit Lolol 

I’ve been checking out of my fandom all year but now, yeah. I’ll always root for them in the background. But I’m not wasting an off day for this team again.

I started watching Star Trek in the third period.

I’ll tune back in for the kraken.

but I am done with this franchise 

It's been 12 years, good time for the Bruins to go the whole way. If they can win in Florida today, it'll be a good boost. 

Rangers have definitely played well. The Leafs are the Leafs, but if they could pull it out, it'd be a hype second round. 

Jets vs oilers would be an interesting second round match up, but I'm not betting on it. 

12 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Oilers need two, maybe three, more first overall pics to get over the hump.

The leafs may be funny but the oilers doing this is hilarious.

I mean, the leafs are tied up. It's still very unlikely that they advance, imo, but it isn't a sure shot. They could pull it together. 

Spoiler

But they are the Leafs. 

• Sad 1