Battletech Mercenaries Kickstarter coming up soon

Hellhound

I don’t see a lot about Battletech posted here, does anyone else play?  I’ve been a fan of the universe for years with the Mechwarrior games and novels, and with the new minis created by Catalyst have fallen head first into miniature gaming. My son and I even participated in the Southern Assault Alpha Strike tournament. The new minis are all fantastic and with the pending kickstarter for Mercenaries to introduce a ton more it’s a good time to be playing. 

11 hours ago, Hellhound said:

I don’t see a lot about Battletech posted here, does anyone else play?  I’ve been a fan of the universe for years with the Mechwarrior games and novels, and with the new minis created by Catalyst have fallen head first into miniature gaming. My son and I even participated in the Southern Assault Alpha Strike tournament. The new minis are all fantastic and with the pending kickstarter for Mercenaries to introduce a ton more it’s a good time to be playing. 

In the last few months, I've very much gotten interested in the lore of the Battletech universe after discovering the BlackPantsLegion YouTube channel.  I had no idea how really deep and interesting the story of this universe truly is!

Unfortunately -- just like all of the other tabletop miniatures universes that I genuinely enjoy learning about (Warhammer, Malifaux, Infinity, Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings) -- I simply lack the patience and attention to detail (assembling/painting the models) that the actual hobby itself would truly deserve from me :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 6:42 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In the last few months, I've very much gotten interested in the lore of the Battletech universe after discovering the BlackPantsLegion YouTube channel.  I had no idea how really deep and interesting the story of this universe truly is!

Unfortunately -- just like all of the other tabletop miniatures universes that I genuinely enjoy learning about (Warhammer, Malifaux, Infinity, Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings) -- I simply lack the patience and attention to detail (assembling/painting the models) that the actual hobby itself would truly deserve from me :(

I don’t knoe how much stress you’re under, but I can tell you painting is an incredible stress reliever for me. Everything else melts away while I focus on building and painting.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, BloodyHell said:

I don’t knoe how much stress you’re under, but I can tell you painting is an incredible stress reliever for me. Everything else melts away while I focus on building and painting.

Painting is great. When I started the hobby I thought it would be tedious, but now painting is such a Zen activity, a great way to relax and listen to a few podcasts while being moderately creative. 

• Halal 1