Forza Horizon 4 | Official Thread of Motoring Across Dear Old Blighty

AbsolutSurgen

Given the GOTY is just a few weeks away, just thought I would create a place to post all things FH4.

Edition Comparison -- Note these are different than FH3

Base Game ($59.99) -- FH 4 Formula Drift Car Pack

Deluxe Edition ($79.99) --Base + Car Pass

Ultimate Edition ($99.99) -- Deluxe + VIP + Expansion 1 + Expansion 2 + Day One Car Pack + Play 4 days early

That's right -- the Deluxe edition does not contain VIP this year, but has the car pack instead. 

HOWEVER, the Ultimate Edition seems to have tremendous value -- all of the content from the FH3 UE -- plus both expansions included!  This cost $35 extra on FH3.

4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Can't believe I am saying this but I am thinking about picking the Ultimate Edition as well. It's been forever since I bought a special edition and even longer since I picked up a game at launch, but I love this series and the demo is damn sweet

Go for it!   VIP is so worth it!

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

ordered from BB so 20 off  :) 

I paid $15 for it -- the rest was with Microsoft Rewards points.

2 hours ago, mikechorney said:

VIP doubles your credits for every race.  It also gives you 3 Forza Edition cars, and periodic car gifts.

The double credits really eliminates the grind in Forza games.

figured the deluxe was worth it just for the expansions since the all the Forza expansions have been damn cool, but double credits will definitely be a massive help. 

11 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Yes.  There are lots of options -- at a variety of price points.  I would really love a Fanatec setup, but the cost is too rich for my blood.

Wow.  I googled that.  I had to go find something to drink just so I could spit it out.  $1300 for a controller wheel seems high.

5 hours ago, number305 said:

Is there a good wheel and pedals for the xbox?  My kids are about at the age that a cool cockpit setup might really be fun for them.

I use Logitec g29 when I play and its fantastic. I also have it hooked to the Open Wheeler Racing Seat !! I just love it. I have this version because I wanted it to work with PS4 too and with that you'll have to use a PC to play Forza on Xbox. That's no biggie though, my PC runs it perfectly @1080p / 60. I wish there was a Logitec G series that worked with both consoles, but there isn't. Love these games, also the best yet is the Dirt Rally game with my setup!! Just Heaven period! 

PS: My New birthday / christmas present to MYSELF with be an NEW Dream PC to future my fun running a I7 8700k / Nvidia GTX 2080Ti !! Can't wait . . . . . . . .

BTW there is an Official Day One Patch club that I'll try to get integrated into the Horzion car club once it's out. On the Giant Bomb quick look they said that clubs in the game is a system wide thing which is pretty cool. If you haven't joined yet be sure to do so on the Xbox or Xbox app. Look for it as "Day One Patch Club".

I dunno if I'll be picking this up any time soon. Still a bit burned after I bought the $100+ version of 3 and it didn't come with the damned expansions, not to mention the performance issues never seemed to fully go away for me.

Frankly I couldn't afford it either way, too many other games all releasing now. Sadly a few must get bumped in the interest of not overspending, and the bad experience I had from the last one puts this on the top of the list.

58 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I dunno if I'll be picking this up any time soon. Still a bit burned after I bought the $100+ version of 3 and it didn't come with the damned expansions, not to mention the performance issues never seemed to fully go away for me.

Frankly I couldn't afford it either way, too many other games all releasing now. Sadly a few must get bumped in the interest of not overspending, and the bad experience I had from the last one puts this on the top of the list.

Game Pass it.

1 hour ago, The def star said:

BTW there is an Official Day One Patch club that I'll try to get integrated into the Horzion car club once it's out. On the Giant Bomb quick look they said that clubs in the game is a system wide thing which is pretty cool. If you haven't joined yet be sure to do so on the Xbox or Xbox app. Look for it as "Day One Patch Club".

I'll be sure to look for it. Though if anyone remembers my racing from the PGR2 days, I am not a dirty racer, I just suck :p I have the incredible ability to completely lose it on a straightaway