What do you think is going to happen to Russell Wilson?

thewhyteboar

Is he toast? Can he turn it around with a different coach and system? 

I'm of two minds. I think he could do better with a real coach. Hackett is obviously an incompetent boob, but if they replace him with someone who will run a system similar to what he did in Seattle--run heavy, roll outs, play action, the deep ball, scrambles--he can be successful. But, the whole reason Russ wanted out of Seattle is because he doesn't want to be that kind of system passer. He thinks he can be a pocket passer like Brady or Manning and that succeeding that way is the way to build his legacy. Legacy. That's really all that he cares about; he wants to win, but more importantly he wants to win in a way that he thinks will lend him prestige and fame, which isn't how he thought he was used in Seattle. But if he can swallow his pride and shrink his ego a bit, he could do very well under the right coach. But if his legs are shot and he isn't mobile anymore? I think he is done.

Why on earth did Denver extend him without seeing him play??

He sounds committed to the team if the cringe press conferences are to believe so the richest owners in the NFL are going to have to build around him.

The run game there is a mess right now and the receiver situation isn't much better. As soon as he gets a solid offense to play around I'm sure he'll improve. If he doesn't, well he can enjoy a fat paycheck and then ride off into the sunset.