Anyone planning to see The Menu this weekend?

29 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

It was ok, entertaining enough but I sorta don't get it..

Hide contents

I get the critic, the fanboy, and the investors. 

But like, the actor? And even more his partner? Why? Because she didn't have to struggle with student loans? Lame.

The patron whos gone 11 times? Why? Him cheating on his wife has nothing to do with the chef. Him not remembering dishes, who cares he enjoys it enough to keep going. And that guys wife, why??? Seems really ungrateful tbh. He should be thanking them for being excellent customers. I didn't notice them complain or demand anything when things were "normal." Their relationship issues aren't Chef's business. 

Spoiler

The actor is there because he ruined Chef’s rare day off with his shitty movie. His assistant is kinda just a package deal with him.

The frequent customers didn’t appreciate his “art” enough. 

Those points show that the Chef is ultimately being a petty bitch and is not “in the right” doing all this. It would be easier to root for him if they all “deserved” to die. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:
  Hide contents

The actor is there because he ruined Chef’s rare day off with his shitty movie. His assistant is kinda just a package deal with him.

The frequent customers didn’t appreciate his “art” enough. 

Those points show that the Chef is ultimately being a petty bitch and is not “in the right” doing all this. It would be easier to root for him if they all “deserved” to die. 

Spoiler

Yeah. Those just didn't make sense. Surely someone in your life must be more annoying than an actor who was in a bad movie. 

He also explains to the ho that the fanboy thought he understood his art but he really didn't and sometimes you just want to make art for someone to appreciate. And I'm like, that's the rich guy and his wife!!

54 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Hide contents

Yeah. Those just didn't make sense. Surely someone in your life must be more annoying than an actor who was in a bad movie. 

He also explains to the ho that the fanboy thought he understood his art but he really didn't and sometimes you just want to make art for someone to appreciate. And I'm like, that's the rich guy and his wife!!

Spoiler

But they didn’t appreciate it. They had been there way more times than the average person could afford, and they couldn’t remember a single dish they ate there. He has that whole speech at the beginning of the meal to taste, not eat. They were only ever just eating. 

This movie is a satire, but the Chef is also a target, not just his unappreciative customers. He’s being a whiny lil’ bitch because nobody appreciates his precious art at the exact level he thinks he deserves. 

EDIT: also, since has grand plan ends with making human s’mores while burning to death himself, I don’t know if we can expect the entire thing to be all that logical. :p

The thing that's great about this movie is that it has all the same qualities as the food being presented. That would easily be brilliant if it didn't mean the film was beautifully empty and meaninglessly unable to connect with people or provide the thing it is they come to the table for. Still, I found it a compelling watch. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:
  Hide contents

But they didn’t appreciate it. They had been there way more times than the average person could afford, and they couldn’t remember a single dish they ate there. He has that whole speech at the beginning of the meal to taste, not eat. They were only ever just eating. 

This movie is a satire, but the Chef is also a target, not just his unappreciative customers. He’s being a whiny lil’ bitch because nobody appreciates his precious art at the exact level he thinks he deserves. 

EDIT: also, since has grand plan ends with making human s’mores while burning to death himself, I don’t know if we can expect the entire thing to be all that logical. :p

Spoiler

No I get all that. But that's just dumb. I guess I just think Chef is a stupid dummy head and he should feel grateful for having customers and success! Most people don't. 

• 1 month later...