The D1P/Twitter "Rules Of Engagement" Going Forward

Commissar SFLUFAN

Here. It is mostly a joke but :shrug:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaconsLoophole/

Edit: While I expect no one to ever use this including myself, this is for videos and gaming only. No political text based twitter links cuz that is cringe. I've never liked going into a thread and seeing Jason posting three twitter links in a row about some shit I ain't gonna read.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Doesn't really effect me that much. I hope Twitter burns to the fucking ground. Along with Meta, Instagram and all the other social networking sites who's negatives outweigh their positives in my opinion. 

My stance as well essentially. I'm pretty much thoroughly anti social media in general at this point I admit. The less the better as far as I'm concerned.

Never liked Twitter... don't even use it. It's been a cesspool for years, but the idea that now it's banned because it might not be the cesspool you prefer is kinda sus... just sayin'.

But.. it's your platform. Do what you want. I'd personally prefer to not have to click to Twitter to watch an embedded video to be honest.

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I would like to think that our users are savvy enough to only post an image or two from the tweet thread and actually write a short summary of its contents rather than sceenshot/post the whole damned thing :p

Well, I guess it has been a while since someone crashed my mobile browser with 20+ tweets embedded in a single post. Until now, I had just been thanking faster phones phone.

30 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Never liked Twitter... don't even use it. It's been a cesspool for years, but the idea that now it's banned because it might not be the cesspool you prefer is kinda sus... just sayin'.

I will not deny that there is absolutely some degree of hypocrisy on my part involved, and I make no apologies for that whatsoever.

At the same time, there is a substantive difference between a cesspool that is a publicly-owned entity that has some degree of accountability to its shareholders and therefore has some guardrails (as flimsy as they might have been) in order to protect investor value and a cesspool that is a privately-owned entity subject to the whims of one very powerful, very rich man.

16 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will not deny that there is absolutely some degree of hypocrisy on my part involved, and I make no apologies for that whatsoever.

At the same time, there is a substantive difference between a cesspool that is a publicly-owned entity that has some degree of accountability to its shareholders and therefore has some guardrails (as flimsy as they might have been) in order to protect investor value and a cesspool that is a privately-owned entity subject to the whims of one very powerful, very rich man.

It'll just hemorrhage users if his edicts cause enough friction.  User engagement is ultimately what every social media platform has to answer to.

Playing devil's advocate...  If Reddit teaches us anything, we're more prone to handwave cesspools when they're managed by collectives and hiveminds.  People like Musk and Zuckerberg being the face of their shitholes causes more people to question them and pressure change.

18 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Your site your rules.

So much sporting/gaming news is posted on Twitter these days, that Twitter as a primary source is hard to avoid.

Anyone know of any good free image hosting sites?

I love Imgur and will toss my opinion in with others who like that.

Also agree with @ThreePi. At least I really do feel that people who enjoy Twitter's setup for news will set up an alternative. Either that, or currently existing social media sites will try to adopt is as a way to use theirs (if possible).

I do wonder if tweeter really is doomed. As someone who doesn't really care about topics outside of his own personal life, I thought this was a bunch of nothing. This being Musk x Twitter. I am surprised how many people are, for now, abandoning the platform for something I only perceive as totally insignificant for the vast majority of users. Of course, the vast majority really don't care and it is only very specific people that do, but even the amount of these specific people is not something I expected. 

I wonder if, by the end of this year, D1P will be hosting embeds of a twitter remake.

I’m loving how the screenshotting of tweets has replaced embedding them and only served to make a worse experience where one can’t easily verify if the tweet is even real.

Just ban all Twitter everything, because this right now is the silliest option

40 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m loving how the screenshotting of tweets has replaced embedding them and only served to make a worse experience where one can’t easily verify if the tweet is even real.

Huh? Wut?

checks the Musk thread

el oh el

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Just ban all Twitter everything, because this right now is the silliest option

I think @Brian has the right idea with Nitter. You can verify it's real. Happy sir?