Jack Ryan - The final & 4th Season Premieres June 30th on Amazon Prime

SoberChef

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SoberChef changed the title to Jack Ryan - The final & 4th Season Premieres June 30th on Amazon Prime

One thing that annoyed me about season 3 was having all of the foreign characters speaking English in foreign accents. I can kind of understand the change since a ton of the cast in season 3 are not Americans, but it was still jarring.

But yeah, season 1 of Jack Ryan was fucking phenomenal. Seasons 2 and 3 were fun, but they kind of turned into junk food TV like 24 did.

• 4 weeks later...

Jack Ryan is total junk food TV at this point, but having binge watched an assload of junk food TV over the last couple months because I've been burned out on video games, it is 100% the best junk food TV out there right now. I'll give you the hot tip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Jack Ryan is total junk food TV at this point, but having binge watched an assload of junk food TV over the last couple months because I've been burned out on video games, it is 100% the best junk food TV out there right now. I'll give you the hot tip.

Thanks Ill give it a shot. I just finished Citadel this week and felt like this was the Russo brother's rejected pitch for a new SHIELD show or something. I can't decide if it's "bad" or "so bad it's good"... it's definitely not good that's for sure. It almost reminds me of that Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode they did spoofing spy shows :p

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Thanks Ill give it a shot. I just finished Citadel this week and felt like this was the Russo brother's rejected pitch for a new SHIELD show or something. I can't decide if it's "bad" or "so bad it's good"... it's definitely not good that's for sure. It almost reminds me of that Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode they did spoofing spy shows :p

The first season of Jack Ryan is legitimately really good (second season always sucks), but after that it just kind of turns into pulp. But it's very well-done, high-budget, well-choreographed pulp that will pump all of the blood in your body into the hardest jingo boner you've ever had. You'll be dreaming about America the Beautiful and waking up to sticky sheets.

Plus John Krasinski is a smoke show. Whoever does his wardrobe knows what the hell they're doing.

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

• 1 month later...

So what ended up being a truncated final season just aired on Friday, while I just finished watching them. Truly one hell of a send-off here for John. This season was highly focused and really works to its benefit. I hope the Michael Pena series kicks as much ass because honest to God, I don't think I've ever seen him in such a role before and I love him in it. 

If any of you ever found enjoyment at all from this series, I implore you to enjoy this final 4th season even if you only watch as a one off, so freaking good!!

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So what ended up being a truncated final season just aired on Friday, while I just finished watching them. Truly one hell of a send-off here for John. This season was highly focused and really works to its benefit. I hope the Michael Pena series kicks as much ass because honest to God, I don't think I've ever seen him in such a role before and I love him in it. 

If any of you ever found enjoyment at all from this series, I implore you to enjoy this final 4th season even if you only watch as a one off, so freaking good!!

There's a lot to watch right now (WARRIOR, YOU FUCKS), but I definitely plan on it.

• Halal 1