I have a dual-CRT monitor setup 🥰 aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

X-pert74

So, yeah. This is pretty sweet.

The horizontal monitor is a 14" Daytek (DT-14SV2). The vertical monitor is a 15" Supercom Multisystems Multi-scan monitor (SK-1592GN). The Supercom monitor's in slightly worse shape with an overall yellowish tint on the image, no matter how much I adjusted the RGB gain/bias, and also occasional streaks on the screen, but it works well enough for this usage, so I'm good, lol.

Looking forward to playing more tate arcade games 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I've been thinking about getting a CRT around that size to hook up to my Mister FPGA. This post isn't helping.

It's pretty nice, lol. There are pros and cons depending which type of CRT you get - the main drawback to a VGA CRT monitor is not having lightgun support, but being able to play a lot of the computer cores on a CRT is pretty nice ^_^ It fits my setup quite nicely.

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

We're over here living in 2022 but X-pert's out living it up in 2002!

Tee hee

22 minutes ago, X-pert74 said:

It's pretty nice, lol. There are pros and cons depending which type of CRT you get - the main drawback to a VGA CRT monitor is not having lightgun support, but being able to play a lot of the computer cores on a CRT is pretty nice ^_^ It fits my setup quite nicely.

Earlier this year I picked up a mint 27" Mitsubishi CRT with s-video for my classic gaming. Amazingly, it came free with the remote and an instruction manual that looks fresh from the box. It's just too large for my office and so I think it would be nice to have a smaller CRT that can sit at the corner of my desk for my Mister.

38 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Earlier this year I picked up a mint 27" Mitsubishi CRT with s-video for my classic gaming. Amazingly, it came free with the remote and an instruction manual that looks fresh from the box. It's just too large for my office and so I think it would be nice to have a smaller CRT that can sit at the corner of my desk for my Mister.

Ooh, that sounds nice

A smaller CRT for your desk corner sounds like a good fit, if you think you'd get enough use out of it. A small VGA CRT monitor (like my main 14" one) especially should be relatively easy to come by, and also can support VGA output from the MiSTer. A CRT TV of a comparable size (13" or so) tends to only have RF or composite output from what I've seen; some have S-video or YPbPr component too, but that's a lot rarer for that size.

2 minutes ago, X-pert74 said:

Ooh, that sounds nice

A smaller CRT for your desk corner sounds like a good fit, if you think you'd get enough use out of it. A small VGA CRT monitor (like my main 14" one) especially should be relatively easy to come by, and also can support VGA output from the MiSTer. A CRT TV of a comparable size (13" or so) tends to only have RF or composite output from what I've seen; some have S-video or YPbPr component too, but that's a lot rarer for that size.

Yeah, I'd prefer going VGA since I have the VGA module for the Mister, but it's currently hooked up to that TV over s-video...which required the Mister VGA to s-video adapter along with some soldering since my VGA board was an earlier model and didn't have the voltage jumper. That was fun.

On 10/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, I'd prefer going VGA since I have the VGA module for the Mister, but it's currently hooked up to that TV over s-video...which required the Mister VGA to s-video adapter along with some soldering since my VGA board was an earlier model and didn't have the voltage jumper. That was fun.

Oof, sorry to hear.

Maybe someday I should learn to solder - it seems like that skill opens up a lot of options when it comes to hardware mods and the like.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, SuperSpreader said:

Of course it works, people have been using dual screens since the 90s

When I said "it works" in the tweet, I was referring to plugging a passive VGA switch into a VGA splitter/amplifier. I wasn't sure if it would work out, but thankfully it did, so I'm able to have multiple inputs going to multiple displays. 🥰

13 hours ago, Reputator said:

Nice! Best way to play pixel art games.

For sure! I adore CRTs so much aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

For a split second I thought that was a Sony GDM FW900 on it's side and I almost cried :lol:

I've heard people bring up the FW900 before in CRT discussions, but don't actually know much about it myself. I gather it's apparently a highly-desired CRT display?

11 hours ago, X-pert74 said:

I've heard people bring up the FW900 before in CRT discussions, but don't actually know much about it myself. I gather it's apparently a highly-desired CRT display?

It's the best CRT monitor that was ever made. It's wide screen and has a resolution of 2304x1440 at 85hz. Offered both VGA in and component video in. I had one for years but sold it in 2019 after Digital Foundry made a video about how it kicks the shit out of current monitors and TVs. Some dude drove up to NJ from Texas and paid me like $1200 for it.

• Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It's the best CRT monitor that was ever made. It's wide screen and has a resolution of 2304x1440 at 85hz. Offered both VGA in and component video in. I had one for years but sold it in 2019 after Digital Foundry made a video about how it kicks the shit out of current monitors and TVs. Some dude drove up to NJ from Texas and paid me like $1200 for it.

Ohhhhhh! I do remember Digital Foundry making a video about a CRT monitor, but didn't remember the specific model they had covered. That explains a lot, thanks.

That did seem like a pretty good monitor 👀