Last chance for a Super NT or Mega SG (and other analogue updates)

chakoo

I just got this email today from Analogue, I'm quite happy because I skipped out on a Mega SG in the past but recently playing my Super NT again made me regret not having one. I'm impressed the prices are only going up by $10 but I'm sure shipping is going to cost a small fortune. =/

We’re announcing 3 things today:

1. Pocket Preorders — 95% of all open preorders (Groups B & C) will ship before the end of 2022.

2. Pocket Cartridge Adapters — preorders will be available for preorder for $99 on Oct 21st.

3. Super Nt and Mega Sg — the final run. We’re making one last run of Super Nts and Mega Sgs and they will be available for preorder for $199 on Oct 28th.

Pocket Preorders

95% of all Pocket preorders (Group B & C) begin shipping in October and through the end of the year. The small amount of remaining orders will ship in 2023 as soon as possible. We will begin with shipping Group B and then ship Group C orders chronologically.

You can view your fulfillment status on the order status page which was sent in the email confirming your preorder. Your status will be one of the following.

Pending: Your order is awaiting fulfillment. Please check back for more information later.

Preparing: Your order is ready to ship. If you need to change your shipping address or wish to cancel your order, please do so in the timeframe stated on your order status page. We will email you once your order is preparing.

Processing: Your order is now with our fulfillment partner and will be with you shortly. Please note that once an order is processing we cannot accept any address changes or cancellations.

We will email you when your order is being prepared and allow for address changing and order cancelation. Please do not email us enquiring when your order will ship, to change your address or to cancel as this will slow down fulfillment and customer service. You can view your fulfillment status on the order status page at any time for the most up to date information found in your order confirmation email.

Pocket Cartridge Adapters

Pocket Cartridge Adapters will be available for preorder at $99 on Oct 21st. Shipping Q3 2023. Signup for the stock notification here to be emailed as soon as they are available.

A Pocket Cartridge Adapter set includes three cartridge adapters that support several systems.

TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine & SuperGrafx Adapter

Neo Geo Pocket Color & Neo Geo Pocket Cartridge Adapter

Atari Lynx Cartridge Adapter

Super Nt and Mega Sg

Super Nt and Mega Sg — the final run. We’re making one final run of Super Nt and Mega Sg. Preorders will be available at $199 on Oct 28. Shipping Q4 2023. Signup for the stock notification on our store to be emailed as soon as they are available.

Kinda interesting that they're retiring the Super Nt and Mega Sg - I saw some speculation on Twitter that they might release a multi-console replacement in the future, partly to compete with stuff like MiSTer. Seems like the OpenFPGA capability for the Pocket is fairly successful so far, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Analogue feature more of that in future products.

18 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

I would go for this. but not a good time to buy anything for me. However the Mister Project has matured so much and so fast if I go FPGA I might go that way. However I really want the pocket they sell. Maybe Xmas.

I know I've had a great time in the year and a half that I've owned a MiSTer. Just in that time, there have been several new cores for stuff ranging from Playstation to Wonderswan, which is really nice to see. I also like that (with the analog I/O board) I can output to both my CRT monitor via VGA, as well as a capture card via HDMI simultaneously. It's pretty nice to play on a CRT while streaming or recording my gameplay simultaneously :3