Have you all updated to Windows 11?

Nokra

I highly recommend doing a clean install of Windows 11.  I first did the upgrade from 10 to 11, keeping my files, and had weird issues that I couldn't fix. Most notably Windows Security just wouldn't open up, even though I think it was still functioning in the background. But after a clean install everything works fine, albeit compared to previous editions of Windows Microsoft has made a lot of things harder to get to.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2022 at 2:32 AM, Fizzzzle said:

Yes, I have. I either don't notice a difference or it's been long enough that I forgot what the differences are at this point.

Except LET ME UNPIN CHAT FROM THE TASKBAR YOU TWATS

download Revo Uninstaller Pro. I got rid of all the windows 11 bloatware  with it. 

also download start 11 to get rid of the awful start menu, bottom bar. 

• 1 month later...

I finally did the upgrade on my Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop last night and so far so good. I like the updated UI elements so far and even having the Start menu in the middle doesn't bother me. I'll probably give this a couple weeks to see how it goes and then finally upgrade my gaming desktop if I don't see any issues. 

• 5 weeks later...

Fuck no and I'll hold out till the last possible moment before I eventually have to switch in order to play some cool new game (like I did with every other version of Windows). I wish it'd just die as an OS already and end up being replaced by an open-source one like some Linux distro or something. Piece of spyware trash.

35 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

What are the odds of a Windows RGB controller being good on launch?

It can't possibly be worse than ASUS' or MSI's.

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Then I could uninstall the icue software :pray:

iCue is the only decent controller for RGB, though :p 

I definitely prefer dedicated RGB controllers. When using any effect besides basic static colors, motherboard software control raises CPU usage be 2-3%. I doubt this Windows update will be any better; it's just the nature of not having dedicating hardware processing for the RGB.

Asus software does indeed suck, and loves to break half the time when I was using it.

• 1 month later...

Finally got it after upgrading due to their arbitrary requirement of some boot protection but after trying an upgrade without having to upgrade and that being a shit show, did a clean install and still surprised how buggy 11 still is, most common issue i have to restart explorer a couple times a day because the desktop becomes unresponsive randomly, and its like 50/50 after coming out of sleep.

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Finally got it after upgrading due to their arbitrary requirement of some boot protection but after trying an upgrade without having to upgrade and that being a shit show, did a clean install and still surprised how buggy 11 still is, most common issue i have to restart explorer a couple times a day because the desktop becomes unresponsive randomly, and its like 50/50 after coming out of sleep.

This sounds like it could potentially be a driver issue (i.e. they stop working and the system becomes unstable).

Just to double-check: Have you updated all of your drivers, including chipset? 

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

This sounds like it could potentially be a driver issue (i.e. they stop working and the system becomes unstable).

Just to double-check: Have you updated all of your drivers, including chipset? 

Everything is up to day, installed all manually so not running armor crate or whatever that shit is called, it could be adrenaline bugging things out since i've had that not load up a few times, but it only seems to affect just the desktop icons, windows file explorer and settings screens all work fine.