Trevor Noah to leave the Daily Show

Fizzzzle

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Hasan was a bit of a dick and overly rude I think. Like he barely let him speak through the small business thing and then kept insisting he get to speak during his "pitch" 

Fair point. Finding the balance is hard. I always felt Trevor Noah was almost TOO polite and acquiescing when he interviewed people he disagreed with.

It makes me miss Jon Stewart in that regard. Hes kind of a master at letting the other person speak, letting them dig their own grave, and then just hitting them with a simple question that makes them backslide.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Fair point. Finding the balance is hard. I always felt Trevor Noah was almost TOO polite and acquiescing when he interviewed people he disagreed with.

It makes me miss Jon Stewart in that regard. Hes kind of a master at letting the other person speak, letting them dig their own grave, and then just hitting them with a simple question that makes them backslide.

Hasan talks about this in his latest special. He has a need for attention and he HAS to be the center of it. I think it's a big flaw on display during this interview. When ever O'Leary was talking you could hear Hasan audibly trying to stop himself constantly. I can't imagine how rough that is to be on the receiving end of, like dude stfu. I'm not defending O'Leary but I think that was actually a really poor performance other than it being a performance for liberals. CC should have him in debate/interview "training" until he sorts this out if they want to give him the gig.

8 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Hasan was a bit of a dick and overly rude I think. Like he barely let him speak through the small business thing and then kept insisting he get to speak during his "pitch" 

I don’t completely disagree, but I would note that O’Leary was cutting off Hasan just as much when Hasan was attempting to ask a question. Granted Hasan was taking much too long to get to questions as he was “setting up” the questions too much; he was in “correspondent mode” instead of being a show’s host, for sure. I’d also note that Hasan didn’t really begin to interrupt until he let O’Leary give that wordsmithed non-answer. There was certainly too much “leading” going on, regardless.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Hasan talks about this in his latest special. He has a need for attention and he HAS to be the center of it. I think it's a big flaw on display during this interview. When ever O'Leary was talking you could hear Hasan audibly trying to stop himself constantly. I can't imagine how rough that is to be on the receiving end of, like dude stfu. I'm not defending O'Leary but I think that was actually a really poor performance other than it being a performance for liberals. CC should have him in debate/interview "training" until he sorts this out if they want to give him the gig.

I wouldn’t say it was a “performance for liberals”, and again, I do agree with there being too much interruption (though, I’d argue from both of them). What I liked about the interview is the “we’re having a real talk” in the sense it’s not a bunch of soft ball BS. There 100% needs to be improvements on interviewing skills, however, what was shown in terms of intelligence, recognizing when something isn’t answered, and pre-researching the interview subject matter, is what impressed me.

• Halal 1