No more free rides: Paid Switch Online service launches on Sept. 18

Jason

I like the nes offerings so far. As long as they keep adding several each month and eventually snes titles I’ll stick with it. 

But for the love of god get rid of the button prompts at the bottom and give us the option to add a graphic window. Like the snes classic. 

Also ditch the voice chat app and give us system based chat. 

50 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

From what I understand it's already there they are just forcing you to use an app.

I just did a quick Google search and apparently game developers can choose to implement native voice chat if they want to. But only through the headphone jack, or a headset with a USB dongle if you've docked (since you need a USB port) the Switch.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/12/fortnite-for-switch-voice-chat/

But it's still a bummer that any Nintendo game is presumably going to be guaranteed to require the stupid phone app.

Not sure if this is know here (found out on YouTube), if you have a jpn eshop account, you can download the famicom app then run it using your account that has paid online service to get access to the famicom versions of the games. Will come in handy when jpn starts getting exclusive titles.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I just did a quick Google search and apparently game developers can choose to implement native voice chat if they want to. But only through the headphone jack, or a headset with a USB dongle if you've docked (since you need a USB port) the Switch.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/12/fortnite-for-switch-voice-chat/

But it's still a bummer that any Nintendo game is presumably going to be guaranteed to require the stupid phone app.

This was known back before the console launched. The 3.5mm jack on the Switch is a TRRS port. That extra ring was always going to be for a microphone. Nintendo just decided to be weird about it for whatever crazy reason that is beyond any normal human comprehension.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Was funny seeing people jump to conclusions but it is Nintendo's fault for not getting the message right in the first place.

I think I said something like this earlier in this thread, but people didn’t jump to conclusions. Their own site used to straight up say the save would be lost immediately when your subscription lapsed. 

They either changed (by changed it I mean it originally was going to be lost and someone pointed out to them how stupid it was) it or they they completely messed up the messaging, but there wasn’t any filling in the gaps by under-informed people lol.