No more free rides: Paid Switch Online service launches on Sept. 18

Jason

My 6 year old went to put the Switch down on the tv stand which is a glass shelf. In typical little kid fashion the Switch magically just flipped out of his hands when it was about a foot high off the table top when it crash landed face down. Everything seems fine with it though. I guess the joysticks took most of the impact and cushioned the fall:s

Well I don't play online on my Switch. I think the price is reasonable since the online structure is a joke. Here is what will get me to jump in. Nintendo doesn't know online but they know hardware. The NES joycons that you can only get if you have a Nintendo Online account is what is going to get me. 

jpg

5 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Well I don't play online on my Switch. I think the price is reasonable since the online structure is a joke. Here is what will get me to jump in. Nintendo doesn't know online but they know hardware. The NES joycons that you can only get if you have a Nintendo Online account is what is going to get me. 

jpg

Agreed, I feel if I don’t grab a pair the already crazy price is just going to get worse. :angry:

11 hours ago, Rodimus said:

jpg

where the heck do you get those things!

6 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

where the heck do you get those things!

you have to buy them direct form Nintendo but you need a NIntendo Online account to purchase. They are saying that these little controllers currently only work on NES games that you get from NIntendo Online.

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

you have to buy them direct form Nintendo but you need a NIntendo Online account to purchase. They are saying that these little controllers currently only work on NES games that you get from NIntendo Online.

I want them!!! I don't mind spending 20 for a year of online, that I will likely not use, lol. But where is the sign up for purchase? I don't see it on their website. 

[IMG]

You can log in with your Nintendo Account on multiple consoles.Just like PS4, there can be one primary system and multiple secondary.

While using the primary console, any user account on the console can play the downloadable content you have purchased.

While using the primary console, you do not need to have an active Internet connection

You can change which Nintendo Switch console is your primary console but you must first deactivate the current primary console.

While using a non-primary console, you must have an active Internet connection to play downloadable content.

If you lose your Internet connection while playing downloadable content on a non-primary console, your game will pause after a certain amount of time; however, once you connect online again, you will be able to resume from the point you left off.

While using a non-primary console, downloadable content can only be started by the user that purchased the content.

When using downloadable software on a non-primary console, your game will pause if your Nintendo Account is used to access downloadable software on any other Nintendo Switch console.

Also Nintendo now allows deactivating your primary console through a website! No longer need to call them

Off-device deactivations can be done by visiting accounts.nintendo.com, selecting "Shop Menu", and then "Deactivate Primary Console".

Only once per year you can do Off-device deactivations

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

This is great news for family. You no longer need to buy two versions of digital games.