No more free rides: Paid Switch Online service launches on Sept. 18

Jason

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He's been trolling you the whole time.

:Wrong:

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, I never figured him for a smart fellow. 

I'm not. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Then again, wtf kind of trolling makes you look like the moron?

What did I even say that makes me a moron? That I don't think what you said was hyperbole?

Also, if it wasn't clear, it was never about price. Just fuck paying for online. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I'll fight the world. 

Thread topic always goes into the same tired arguments about affordability, which misses the point. 

... I might subscribe at some point if I feel the need.  $20 is still a bad deal for the terrible NES library they're starting the subscription with.

But more importantly for me, I'll likely never buy an indie game that has any kind of online multiplayer component on the Switch.  I'm not paying the Switch tax and a subscription both.

I'm pretty much an all in PC gamer now.  I now see Nintendo in the same boat as the other manufacturers, where I won't buy their games without a substantial single player component.  It's already bad enough that they shut off their servers for legacy platforms, including the shops.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The game sizes would require more bandwidth which is why I didn’t include it. They should do packages. ie: NES/SNES/N64 $99/year, add GCN/Wii/WiiU for another $50/year or something. :shrug: 

Well, I don't really care about anything pre-GC. If I want to OoT I'll play it on my 3DS. And if I really want to play a SNES or NES game, well, like...

But I want a GC and ALL Handhelds VC.

Email from Nintendo:

On 9/18, your Nintendo Switch will be receiving a system update, version 6.0.0. Afterwards, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user profile. Prior to this change, you should verify that your Nintendo Account or your child’s Nintendo Account is linked to the correct user profile.