Is Prey enhance on XSX?

best3444

Another question. Those that did play it on XSX, did the performance really elevate gameplay? Is this game worth playing?

Another game that I'm looking at is Control. I beat that on last gen hardware. Are the enhancements worth it for me to check it out again?

So Control vs Prey. Which one guys!?

10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Control's a great game, but you already played it.

Play through Prey. It is excellent. Play through the whole thing.

Well google is confusing as fuck. From what I'm reading, The base game of Control wasn't enhanced. Just the Ultimate edition. Is this true? I think only the base game is available on gamepass.

Interesting only Control Ultimate edition is enhanced. Control is no longer on gamepass. Not even the standard version.

So I booted up my PS5 and Control Ultimate edition is on PS+. 

So I have the enhanced version of Prey on XSX and the enhanced version of Control on PS5. 

What do I play mother fuckers!?

I played Prey for over an hour and really liked it. It has a little Bioshock and System Shock mixed it with the classic Arkane touch. Even though the game is 5 years old, the XSX version cleans it up nicely with 60fps, much better loading, and better reflections. I personally think it looks phenomenal visually.

But Arkane imo produces really clean visuals. Like Deathloop for instance. That looks terrific to me visually and Prey is the same way.

I really enjoyed what I've played so far and I read the game is extremely difficult. So I put the difficulty to easy so that I can hopefully enjoy myself without dying all the time and get frustrated.

I booted up Control on PS5 and chose the graphics mode which has raytracing but runs at 30fps. It looked nice but when I switched to performance mode 60fps is absolutely the way to go with that game.

The problem with Control was when I was playing it just now I remembered so much. So I'm sticking to Prey and hopefully it keeps my attention. So far so good. 

It reads I played over 3 hours so far. I like it a lot because it really does have Bioshock vibes and I see a lot of Deathloop in here, too. 

Like someone said above, it's level design is fantastic and I love how Arkane puts secret shortcuts in their games. They always reward you when you go off and explore. I might even play more later today. 

I'm going out on a limb here in saying that Prey is better than Bioshock. I'm extremely addicted to it which doesn't happen often with games these days. I played until 2am this morning. I couldn't stop. That hasn't happened to me in ages.

Arkane is one of my favorite developers these days. They master level design and environments extremely well. 

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, it should run great on your Deck because it's not to beefy on the technical side of things. 

Yeah I already tried it and it runs maxed at native res at 40hz locked. The style of game, essentially a 3D metroidvania seems perfect for while watching tv. The problem is there’s like 500 games on my deck list!

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm currently stuck and I've been reading walkthroughs. Still confused as hell. 

You'll get it, stick with it.

Also stop being an old man. Look up Youtube walkthroughs so you can actually SEE what you're not getting. Seeing how someone else navigates or interprets how to do something may enable you to progress more easily in the future without further walkthroughs!

• Like 1