Knock at the Cabin - M. Night Shyamalan’s adaptation of The Cabin at the End of the World (Now on Peacock)

TheLeon

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm also in. His movies since The Visit have been good, though Old was so oppressively depressing for me that I'll probably never watch it again, lol. 

Yeah, I’m sure we’ve talked the arc of his career before. It’s cool to see how after he had several huge bombs in a row, he took a step back, focused on smaller projects, and it’s really paid off.

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Haha I went to check it out but across the board everyone says the narrator sucked so I skipped it. 

I’ve been racking up audible credits and need to start using them, so no big deal if it’s not great 😂

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Haha I went to check it out but across the board everyone says the narrator sucked so I skipped it. 

I read it but after you posted this I just had to go check it out on audible and listen to a sample. from the sample I would say the narrator as a okay voice but the delivery is a bit off. Of course it might change if you speed up the playback. I can't listen to anything at normal speed, I was have listen at 1.2X to 1.4X

21 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I read it but after you posted this I just had to go check it out on audible and listen to a sample. from the sample I would say the narrator as a okay voice but the delivery is a bit off. Of course it might change if you speed up the playback. I can't listen to anything at normal speed, I was have listen at 1.2X to 1.4X

Lol you’re right. Her voice isn’t awful but her cadence is odd. One of the reviews said she sounded like a GPS voice and it was over. That’s all I could hear 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the book today. This is a perfect book to make a movie out of because the thing really craps the bed with the ending but is otherwise pretty entertaining throughout and easy to adapt into a 1:45 run time. Hopefully Night has a better ending in mind.

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2022 at 9:33 PM, sblfilms said:

Finished the book today. This is a perfect book to make a movie out of because the thing really craps the bed with the ending but is otherwise pretty entertaining throughout and easy to adapt into a 1:45 run time. Hopefully Night has a better ending in mind.

So in other words, no wonder he chose this project!? Joking of course yet there is more than a few ounces of truth to that comment let's be honest. The premise looks good, may end up waiting on WOM to decide if I go see it in theaters.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:57 PM, Mercury33 said:

haha same. I’ve been at 12 forever. Some expire and I get new ones. Just flushing money down the toilet 😂

Wheel of Time has great narration ask to get your expired ones returned to you (I ran into the same issue and they gave me all of mine a few years ago) and use those up!

Anyhow this movie looks good I will watch it sometime (at home).

• 1 month later...

I was setting something up at one of the theaters and figured I’d check out the ending to see what Shyamalan changed. It is definitely different and less open to interpretation than the book ending (for the better!), but it also changes some major plot points of the book so I’ll have to watch the whole flick to see if it works.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, sblfilms said:

I was setting something up at one of the theaters and figured I’d check out the ending to see what Shyamalan changed. It is definitely different and less open to interpretation than the book ending (for the better!), but it also changes some major plot points of the book so I’ll have to watch the whole flick to see if it works.

We liked the film when we saw it in theaters, but I was thinking that the more open-ended nature of the book leads to more conversation about what happened and why. Because when we discussed 

Spoiler

the ending, she felt maybe there was no end of the world happening, and I said something along the lines of, "I mean, if they didn't show us all that stuff getting better on TV at the end, I could see that being a possibility, but I think this was pretty cut and dry." There is something poetic about the two in the book deciding the world wasn't worth saving if the world wouldn't accept them. On the other hand, there is something interesting about their natural fear of a homophobic attack and then realizing that they're just the two who happened to be chosen.

• TheLeon changed the title to Knock at the Cabin - M. Night Shyamalan’s adaptation of The Cabin at the End of the World (Now on Peacock)