Trombone Champ on Steam, update: PC Gamer interview with the game's creator

Amazatron

b6e5mtgnk4fhtp3dj21f.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

SANTA MONICA, CA—Despite a catchy 1890s soundtrack and realistic-feeling game play, Sousaphone Hero, the third installment of Activision's massively popular Guitar Hero video game franchise, sold a mere 52 copies in the United States in its opening week, the company reported Monday.

PC Gamer interview with creator:

57KwT5Egz4YrqzzMQ7bfAm-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Dan Vecchitto of Holy Wow Studios tells us about future features, hot dogs, his favorite songs, and why the game is full of baboons.

Music rhythm game Trombone Champ(opens in new tab) became the main character on Twitter yesterday, but in a good way. After posting a video of myself playing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, scores of people were delighted, enthusiastic, and in some cases even moved to tears (because of how horribly I played(opens in new tab)).

But Trombone Champ isn't just a fast-paced, fun, and goofy music game. There's way, way more to it than just trying to toot along to The William Tell Overture, Hava Nagila, and a trap mix of Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik. There's a dramatic Dark Souls-like cutscene introdcution, lots of secrets and mysteries and unlockable trombones, a turd-based card creation system, a summonable demon, hefty doses of trombone lore, a lot of information about how many hot dogs legendary trombone players can eat in a single sitting, and more baboons than you would expect in a music game. (I would expect zero baboons in a music game. I would be way off.)

Questions? Yes. I have many. Thankfully the creator of Trombone Champ, Dan Vecchitto of developer Holy Wow Studios, agreed to answer a few of them, starting with the origins of the game.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Trombone Champ on Steam, update: PC Gamer interview with the game's creator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...