I have been drinking more coffee than water lately.

darkness35

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm not a coffee snob...

:whistlin:

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Cold coffee is a sin that should send one straight to the pits of Hell.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I tried a cold brew at Dunkin' a couple years ago. Nope, nope, nope, never again. Coffee is meant to be served hot.

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's just cheap and gross. Most of the staff refuses to drink it and we bring buckets of Folgers instead.

:p  :hug:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

:p  :hug:

Have you seen some people here post about food? 

It's like I say I'm not a beer snob. I drink stuff like Michelob Ultra, but I dislike the really terrible stuff like Nattie Lite. But I still get mocked for that by the actual snobs. 

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Have you seen some people here post about food? 

It's like I say I'm not a beer snob. I drink stuff like Michelob Ultra, but I dislike the really terrible stuff like Nattie Lite. But I still get mocked for that by the actual snobs. 

Iced / Cold Brew isn't the equivalent of Natty Light. No one will defend Natty Light.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Iced / Cold Brew isn't the equivalent of Natty Light. No one will defend Natty Light.

I didn't say it was. 

Obviously my comment about people who like cold brew belong in Hell is hyperbole(remember that word?) 

I just don't care for it. It's a personal preference. Hardly snobbish. 

Also, my dad drinks Nattie. He'd defend it to the death. 

12 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

1)  Folgers barely counts as coffee

2)  Coffee typically doesn't come ground in foil packs

3)  If you're drinking "drip" coffee, you're getting a sub-par experience

4)  I drink the coffee at work from the "syrup" because it's free.  But I recognize that it sucks 

1) Add Maxwell too

2) Agreed.  Fuck those hotel coffee

3) Depends.  I make drip coffee via pour over carafes.  French press is annoying to clean up after though.

4) I'm sorry for your shitty mornings.

1 minute ago, darkness35 said:

1) Add Maxwell too

2) Agreed.  Fuck those hotel coffee

3) Depends.  I make drip coffee via pour over carafes.  French press is annoying to clean up after though.

4) I'm sorry for your shitty mornings.

1) Agreed

2) Agreed

3)  15 bar is required to make decent coffee

4)  So am I.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Here's a snob, @Nokra

A snob argues with his barista on how hard she tamps the grounds, or that they want coffee beans from Ethipoia rather than Ecuador.

A rational fucking person (like most of the world) recognizes that weak-ass drip coffe sucks -- particularly if it comes pre-ground in a foil bag or in "instant form".

1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

3)  15 bar is required to make decent coffee

LOL where the fuck am I going to get an espresso machine that's affordable :lol:

As far as instant... it's one of those I just need to get caffeine asap because I'm cheap and don't want to buy coffee outside.  Of course it fucking tastes like sour piss.

5 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

A snob argues with his barista on how hard she tamps the grounds, or that they want coffee beans from Ethipoia rather than Ecuador.

A rational fucking person (like most of the world) recognizes that weak-ass drip coffe sucks -- particularly if it comes pre-ground in a foil bag or in "instant form".

Obviously there are different levels of snobbery, but dude, most people drink drip coffee.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd definitely like to try some of this fancy coffee you speak of. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I finally visit NYC. 

But drip coffee is fine for the most part. I don't care to go through the effort to get my fix on a regular basis.

Proper cold brew is nothing like Dunkin' cold brew. I've had both so I can tell you Dunkin' cold brew is basically just iced coffee. A real cold brew is going to be so naturally sweet and smooth you will be blown away. Biggest downside is that it has SO MUCH caffeine.

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd definitely like to try some of this fancy coffee you speak of. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I finally visit NYC. 

But drip coffee is fine for the most part. I don't care to go through the effort to get my fix on a regular basis.

If you are ever near Port Authority, I personally like going to Corvo Coffee.  Affordable price for what it offers, with the cost/taste ratio being relatively good.  It's on 9th Ave at the rear entrance/exit, next to 2 Bros Pizza :)

I should explore more around Manhattan for places to try out.  I normally don't venue out in the city for new things due to money, time, and general indecisiveness. 

https://corvo-coffee.business.site/

8 minutes ago, Jose said:

Proper cold brew is nothing like Dunkin' cold brew. I've had both so I can tell you Dunkin' cold brew is basically just iced coffee. A real cold brew is going to be so naturally sweet and smooth you will be blown away. Biggest downside is that it has SO MUCH caffeine.

Agreed.  I wouldn't be surprised people are paying for iced coffee for that novelty.  Cold brew normally requires at least 24 hours to steep to draw out the maximum taste.

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Drip coffee is fine if the beans are fresh, lightly roasted, and ground to order.

And yep, like cold brew, the beans DO matter.  Speaking of which, how do you all brew your coffees?  I use this.

https://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Coffee-Maker-Permanent-Filter/dp/B01JLY1HSE/ref=lp_2586120011_1_11?srs=2586120011&ie=UTF8&qid=1536803257&sr=8-11

That said, I need to buy more bustelo.

:coffee:

Just now, TheLeon said:

I use an Aeropress, but I'm also usually using really cheap coffee because I'm cheap, so it's not quite the quality experience it could be. 

BJs or Costco have solid coffee for very cheap. It's not mind-blowing and there's no roast date, but still very decent.