I have been drinking more coffee than water lately.

darkness35

I drink WAAAAAAAAAAY too much coffee, often over a pot a day. Its my vice. I gave up cigarettes after the birth of my oldest child and my job is to "always on" to allow myself the pleasure of more than an occasional drink ( @Boyle5150 , still working off your rum brother! <3). Lastly, I've been on a very strict diet (mostly proteins and veggies that cycles from 1500-1800 calories a day) since May (down 35lbs, woo hoo! slender Sully here we come!) so its just me and coffee, and I suppose hypertension! :sun:

I used to hate coffee. I always thought it smelled so amazing but the taste never matched therefore turned me off to it. 

My wife lives on coffee.. Coffee, cigarettes and check mix. thats it. it amazing shes alive and skinny AF.  

I started forcing myself to drink coffee when I did keto for a while. a buddy gave a bullet-proof coffee - it had heavy cream and butter in it. It was actually decent and eventually i stopped using the butter because it kinda grossed me out. The hardest part of drinking coffee with heavy cream is finding a place that has heavy cream. The heavy cream is important on the keto diet for it fat content which replaces carbs. 

Enter Starbucks. My wife loves starbucks so she tells me they have heavy cream there. so i give their coffee a go (2.88 for a large, LOL) and that was it. Completely hooked. I dont know what it is...but I love starbucks coffee. It tastes so much better than any other coffee Ive ever tried. I even tried their bagged coffee to brew at home and its not the same. 

so between my wife and I, i spend a fuck ton of money on coffee a week. its kinda criminal how much. I could probably feed the homeless people in my town for a month with what  i spend on just starbucks. 

• Haha 1

I never used to drink coffee but the cafe culture here in Europe is just too strong and I couldn't resist. :p 

I drink at least one per day, usually at home but sometimes from differing cafes with coffees of differing origins. This summer I've been hitting up Starbucks a lot though, because it's about the only place where you can get cold coffee. Iced Americano FTW! :rocking:

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can drink it faster and right away if it's cold.

You can drink cold piss fast too but I wouldn’t. :lol:

2 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

I wasn't expecting this thread to be productive seeing how I'd assume people think this was a shit post.

Why? I love coffee and I’m sure many others on D1P do too. 

11 hours ago, Biggie said:

Water > Coffee

I enjoy coffee in the morning to start my day. But after say 10am it’s all water until bed. Doesn’t the caffeine make you jumpy?

Depends.  The worst thing that can occur for me is that I get a panic attack.  That isn't fun.

10 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Coffee is awesome. I have four cups every morning, and it's really good for you as long as you don't load it with sugar (I just do coffee and cream).

Black for me.

10 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I drink WAAAAAAAAAAY too much coffee, often over a pot a day. Its my vice. I gave up cigarettes after the birth of my oldest child and my job is to "always on" to allow myself the pleasure of more than an occasional drink ( @Boyle5150 , still working off your rum brother! <3). Lastly, I've been on a very strict diet (mostly proteins and veggies that cycles from 1500-1800 calories a day) since May (down 35lbs, woo hoo! slender Sully here we come!) so its just me and coffee, and I suppose hypertension! :sun:

Black coffee at least is pretty low on calories anyway, so there's that. 

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don’t drink coffee, I’ve only had it once kind of

I'm sorry for you.

10 hours ago, atom631 said:

I used to hate coffee. I always thought it smelled so amazing but the taste never matched therefore turned me off to it. 

My wife lives on coffee.. Coffee, cigarettes and check mix. thats it. it amazing shes alive and skinny AF.  

I started forcing myself to drink coffee when I did keto for a while. a buddy gave a bullet-proof coffee - it had heavy cream and butter in it. It was actually decent and eventually i stopped using the butter because it kinda grossed me out. The hardest part of drinking coffee with heavy cream is finding a place that has heavy cream. The heavy cream is important on the keto diet for it fat content which replaces carbs. 

Enter Starbucks. My wife loves starbucks so she tells me they have heavy cream there. so i give their coffee a go (2.88 for a large, LOL) and that was it. Completely hooked. I dont know what it is...but I love starbucks coffee. It tastes so much better than any other coffee Ive ever tried. I even tried their bagged coffee to brew at home and its not the same. 

so between my wife and I, i spend a fuck ton of money on coffee a week. its kinda criminal how much. I could probably feed the homeless people in my town for a month with what  i spend on just starbucks. 

Imo I think Starbucks is overpriced and would rather drink something locally or cheap honestly.  Though an occasional frappaccino is nice.

3 hours ago, vaxick said:

The only coffee I ever enjoyed was called a caramello that was made by a now defunct 24/7 coffee shop.  I wouldn't ever classify it as coffee though as it tasted like a caramel drink and nothing like coffee.  I can't stand straight coffee.

Would want to try drinking and making

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I got hooked on soda in my teen years. As part of an effort to lose weight, I dropped the soda for tea, then eventually went to coffee. I'm at a point now where I can appreciate a "good" cup of the quality stuff, but for my everyday drinking I'll take any ol' hot bean water.

I have the occasional soda, but I don't even like it drinking it nowadays.  If I want my carbonation I'll just drink seltzer.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I typically only drink coffee on work days. Helps me wake up to get going. I almost always drink it black. 

I'm not a coffee snob, my go-to is Folgers Colombian blend. But I decided to give Bones coffee a try. Ordered a sampler pack last night to see how I like it.

I drink it nowadays because I want to keep myself up all day long while in class and in field.  Used to drink it stupidly sweet and creamy, but now I just drink it black.

Although prior to finishing that disgusting maxwell brand, I had bustello because there was some odd pricing error where I got a pound and something for cheap.  Was too good

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I never used to drink coffee but the cafe culture here in Europe is just too strong and I couldn't resist. :p 

I drink at least one per day, usually at home but sometimes from differing cafes with coffees of differing origins. This summer I've been hitting up Starbucks a lot though, because it's about the only place where you can get cold coffee. Iced Americano FTW! :rocking:

Iced coffee on hot days yes.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Cold coffee is a sin that should send one straight to the pits of Hell.

Cold brew is legit not bad.  Only issue is that it takes a long time to make, and you need to be kind of particular with type of bean/roast/aroma.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Cold brew coffee is fucking delicious.

This too.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

At this time of the year, I’m more of a tea man though enjoy the odd coffee (origins of which I’m not fussy)

Would enjoy tea as alternative to water at times.

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I tried a cold brew at Dunkin' a couple years ago. Nope, nope, nope, never again. Coffee is meant to be served hot.

Welll.... it's dunkin' :P

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You can drink cold piss fast too but I wouldn’t. :lol:

Why? I love coffee and I’m sure many others on D1P do too

No seriously, cold brew is that good.  It has a smooth mellow taste to it when done right.  I'm cheap, but cold brewing melita hazelnut coffee grinds (points if you get a french press or some kind of carafe) is just great.

As far as the second point.... my shit personality over the many years here.

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I like Dunkin'. I buy it for the house on occasion.  Like I said, I'm not a snob. I don't like the Community brand coffee at work and I don't like instant, but for the most part, I'll drink any brand of coffee.

It's probably location dependent then.  Not a fan when it tastes too sour.

Definitely not a fan of their iced drinks/blends when it's heavy handed with sugar/cream.

EDIT: Never heard of community brand coffee Hmm...

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I like Dunkin'. I buy it for the house on occasion. Like I said, I'm not a snob. I don't like the Community brand coffee at work and I don't like instant, but for the most part, I'll drink any brand of coffee.

Is Community like Douwe Egberts? During my dad's long hospital stay I would always have that since the free machines were all around, I developed a disturbing appreciation for it.

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Is Community like Douwe Egberts? During my dad's long hospital stay I would always have that since the free machines were all around, I developed a disturbing appreciation for it.

I have no idea what Douwe Egberts is. 

It's just cheap and gross. Most of the staff refuses to drink it and we bring buckets of Folgers instead.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have no idea what Douwe Egberts is. 

It's just cheap and gross. Most of the staff refuses to drink it and we bring buckets of Folgers instead.

These bad boys:

rs=w:600,h:600

Hit the button, add some powdered creamer, and you have yourself a nice free cup of hot ass juice.