My nephew gifted me NBA 2K23 for the XSX

best3444

I was playing Dying Light today and saw my nephew was playing NBA 2K23. So I texted him asking how it was and he said minus the absolute garbage micro transactions the game is impressive. I said cool and then proceeded to play Dying Light.

3 minutes later I get a message on my Xbox that I had a message. Sure enough he straight out gifted me the game.

I only played 2 games so far with one being the 96 Bulls vs the 2016 Warriors. Mike took over in the 2nd half and I won the game. It’s impressive visually and the gameplay has been improved a lot since I last played a 2K game. Ok, that is all. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought it was impressive they got Jordan's likeness in the game. When he was playing he was never in the games.

This year I noticed a very comparable version of how Jordan played in the NBA. I was backing up my defender a lot and hitting my fade aways which looked great. 90% of the players faces are dead on, too. 

I'm glad I didn't buy this because I never really play sports games anymore. Back in the day I would play the living shit out of 2K, especially online. 

I'm guessing 2K24 will honor Kobe in a big way since 24 was his number. 

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought it was impressive they got Jordan's likeness in the game. When he was playing he was never in the games.

They did a big Jordan themed game in the early 2010s, with different Jordan eras featured. It was one of the best sports games ever made. 

Since they've changed focus from single player to all the my career stuff, I've lost interest in the series. Perhaps unjustifiably, because I've heard the single player stuff is still quite great. 

22 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

They did a big Jordan themed game in the early 2010s, with different Jordan eras featured. It was one of the best sports games ever made. 

Since they've changed focus from single player to all the my career stuff, I've lost interest in the series. Perhaps unjustifiably, because I've heard the single player stuff is still quite great. 

You don't like talking to Jake from State Farm?

24 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Tell your nephew I’m still waiting on my copy

I played the Jordan feature this morning. You have to play each monumental game he has had in his career...in order. So I played the North Carolina vs Georgetown game when Mike hits the shot that wins the game. They broadcast it how it looked back in 1982 which is a cool touch. The image is a bit fuzzy looking because of how old it is. 

Unrealistically I scored 50 points with Jordan. That's the main issue with these games is you can always find a way to destroy the defense. Granted, I played well and took good shots but 50 points is lame.

Patrick Ewing played like he does so that was authentic. I believe he scored 24 points and had 11 rebounds which is realistic. 

Overall, unless you're a huge Jordan fan it's no different than most 2K games and not worth buying.

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

all 2k cares about are micro transactions basically. somebody casually playing it probably feels pretty good. but it’s so frustrating if you’re somebody who plays often. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It plays like an RPG @best3444

Try My Player or the Rec. 

I've tried my player throughout the years. I've been a massive fan of this franchise dating back to the Dreamcast. 

Sports games are not my thing anymore. I'll just keep playing the Jordan part of it and then put it to the side. 

21 minutes ago, johnny said:

all 2k cares about are micro transactions basically. somebody casually playing it probably feels pretty good. but it’s so frustrating if you’re somebody who plays often. 

It is criminal in the amount of micro transactions that are in this game. They made leveling up your player so damn difficult so that you burn cash on VC points to level at a normal pace. It's fuckin ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnny said:

Well for me I would only play the dynasty mode or whatever it’s called. And I think it’s clear the dev team has people passionate about the sport not only from the extra stuff they include but just the quality of the gameplay. It’s something you don’t get close to in Madden. 

It’s just a shame that the micro transactions are so bad it sullies that good work. 

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

free on Gamepass pretty sure.....nevermind that was to 2K22

lol, yea, that's 2K22. I played as the 1991 Bulls and Jordan was wearing the Jordan VI and he was more athletic than the 96 Jordan. That's awesome because that's exactly what it was like in that era.

I have won every game I've played against the cpu on the pro difficulty. I average around 36 points with Jordan with 3 minute quarters.  😆 

It's fun to play so I'm glad I have it to mess around with on occasions. I still need to check out Kobe and LeBron. 

8/10 for an NBA game just based on the floor action. 

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

It plays like an RPG @best3444

Try My Player or the Rec. 

Now that I think about it, I probably play my player but that's when micro transactions occur so we shall see. :/

4 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Well for me I would only play the dynasty mode or whatever it’s called. And I think it’s clear the dev team has people passionate about the sport not only from the extra stuff they include but just the quality of the gameplay. It’s something you don’t get close to in Madden. 

It’s just a shame that the micro transactions are so bad it sullies that good work. 

it’s definitely better than madden 

but 2k has issues that have been in the game for years and haven’t been fixed. gamebreaking ones? no. but annoying af. and of course some issues that pop up because they tweak certain things year to year. 

• True 1

10 minutes ago, johnny said:

it’s definitely better than madden 

but 2k has issues that have been in the game for years and haven’t been fixed. gamebreaking ones? no. but annoying af. and of course some issues that pop up because they tweak certain things year to year. 

The on court action is pretty impressive this year. I still don't know how to properly post up and execute moves in the paint. 

I was playing the old school Spurs and Duncan and Robinson were doing nice moves and baby hooks.

I just did the Jordan challenge to score 63 points in the game with 6 assist. It's two 10 minute halves and I actually scored exactly 63 points with 4 seconds to go. No way in hell I can get 6 assist in that amount of time. 

The gameplay in this is really good for a basketball game. 

I also played my season mode and Curry plays exactly like himself. He pulls up from deeeeep. He had 6 3 pointers on me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

You should gift me this game so I can make my own thread.

@best3444 gifted me NBA2K 23 for the PS5

I can't afford it but if I could you know I'd hook you up. I'm having a blast with the Jordan challenges and I started up a season with the Lakers. I'm a pro to the series so I dominate most of the time. 

Minus the micro transactions this is one of the better 2K games in recent memory. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The my player is what interests me the most. Building a character and then leveling up. It’s like a basketball rpg. 

But the issue with that is your progression is severely handicapped and you level at a snails pace. They want you to buy VC in order to basically accumulate enough points to level your character. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

MS should have game passed this one. I wanna play Jordon stuff but don’t wanna pay $70 for that.

Yea, I had no intention in buying this so it's great I got it for free. The Jordan stuff is fantastic and the overall gameplay on the court is really good. Everything else can suck my dick. Oh, and I had to completely turn off all the music in the menus because it was driving me crazy. Nothing against rap but it's not my favorite and it just keeps blasting so loud when navigating the confusing menus. 

4 hours ago, stepee said:

MS should have game passed this one. I wanna play Jordon stuff but don’t wanna pay $70 for that.

i think 2k makes a shit ton of money from people buying the game in the first month of release? idk the sales numbers but they gotta be really good. 

23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Stop calling him Jordon.

NO

19 minutes ago, johnny said:

i think 2k makes a shit ton of money from people buying the game in the first month of release? idk the sales numbers but they gotta be really good. 

Oh I’m pretty sure, tons of buyers likely buy it every year, some only play the one sports game every year and that’s their gaming budget. It used to be that sports games would tank at used game stores once out of date, now it’s just 2k putting it on sale for 90% off as the 2022 equivalent. 

• Sad 1

@Biggie Not bragging but I'm very good at the 2K games as I've played them for years. Early on I played for money etc. 

Anyway, on pro difficulty I average 55 points with any star player. It could be LeBron or MJ...doesn't matter. I just know too many tricks and know basketball so well that I absolutely dominate.

I'm going to raise the difficulty tomorrow but I'm still having a blast. I just played the 1988 Allstar game in the Jordan challenge and scored 71 points with MJ. One of the challenges for that particular game is to score 40 points because that's how many MJ scored that game.  😆 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie Not bragging but I'm very good at the 2K games as I've played them for years. Early on I played for money etc. 

Anyway, on pro difficulty I average 55 points with any star player. It could be LeBron or MJ...doesn't matter. I just know too many tricks and know basketball so well that I absolutely dominate.

I'm going to raise the difficulty tomorrow but I'm still having a blast. I just played the 1988 Allstar game in the Jordan challenge and scored 71 points with MJ. One of the challenges for that particular game is to score 40 points because that's how many MJ scored that game.  😆 

Its okay to brag.