NFL Week 2 - Cowardly Coaching

Keyser_Soze

6 minutes ago, Slug said:

Nothing to be forgiven and I somewhat agree.  Ron Rivera is a good dude, but I think he's been overblown as a head coach.  In 12 seasons he was what..3 winning records?  4?  He doesn't exactly have an elite track record.  My argument for him though, is that he is what the team needs.  You need to understand that Washington has had a revolving door of coaches and front office staff that range from has-beens just collecting paychecks to guys signed for name recognition alone to Dan Snyder sycophants.  The single biggest barriers to success for this team over the years (aside from Snyder himself) have been stability and culture.  While Rivera isn't the brilliant game changing head coach folks might want, he's turned the locker room which is huge for us.  He's a football guy who understands football players.  The attitude of the team has shifted at the base level and that's largely due to Rivera and the respect people around the league have for him.  As a fan of the team who has had to watch my team get dismantled "spiritually" from the inside over the last 2 decades, that positive shift in culture gives me more hope than performance on the field.  Ron isn't the kind of guy who is going to bring us championships.  But he's the guy the organization needs.

Such great points, Slug, and spot on, and you may have even swayed me.

My goodness the off the field turmoil was so very bad, that simply having a good man who has had success and can steer young players, which he most certainly does, is an asset that the team needs badly.

It's just I look at this team, as it sits right now, and I like a good number of solid players that when I watch some of their games (Sunday ticket) I'm like, "...come on...come on.  There's got to be more.  You guys can do more, but you're not being set up that way."

If they slide into just the right spot, though, as a team with the pistons firing just right...man.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

Man seeing Bills CB Jackson’s neck get snapped back like that made me kinda sick to my stomach. Hope that dude is going to be okay. 🙏🏻

reports are that he was able to move both his legs.

Edit: @Biggie

I apologize, to be clear, he was able to move his arms and legs.

• Like 1