spacer.png Cincinnati at spacer.png Dallas 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png Houston at spacer.png Denver 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png Arizona at spacer.png Las Vegas 1:25 PM CBS
spacer.png Chicago atspacer.png Green Bay 5:20 PM NBC
Monday, September 19
Matchup   Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Tennessee at spacer.png Buffalo 4:15 PM ESPN
spacer.png Minnesota at spacer.png Philadelphia   5:30 PM ABC

The week starts off strong on Thursday night but some genius decided to schedule a Monday night double header with an hour in between each game :silly:

Lamar Jackson getting ready to come to Seattle

3600.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Through the quarterback’s prism, the chance for the Ravens to lock in five years of elite play should have been viewed as a blessing, not a burden

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Last week was so delicious I wish I could package it and eat it. 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0913%2Fr1061261_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Seahawks safety Jamal Adams is expected to miss the remainder of the season after suffering an injury to his quadriceps tendon in the team's opener.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLO @ the Washington Commodes so far.

I wanted to say this before the season, but forgot, and please forgive me @Slug

Put this possibly under “unpopular opinion” if you want, but I believe (and have believed) that Ron Rivera is one of the most overrated coaches in the league…maybe even a Jeff Fisher Award winner.

I love that he beat cancer…but it is not an excuse for giving him a pass on being not very good at the coaching of the football.

I’ve usually thought that the talent under him was usually better than his coaching.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to them losing to Detroit.  On the contrary, losing to Detroit is the example of a coach (Campbell) doing more with less, and quicker. 

I like the Commanders as a team, in general.  Just not the coach.  The man is a good one.  The coach is meh.

19 hours ago, BuckFly said:

I wanted to say this before the season, but forgot, and please forgive me @Slug

Put this possibly under “unpopular opinion” if you want, but I believe (and have believed) that Ron Rivera is one of the most overrated coaches in the league…maybe even a Jeff Fisher Award winner.

I love that he beat cancer…but it is not an excuse for giving him a pass on being not very good at the coaching of the football.

I’ve usually thought that the talent under him was usually better than his coaching.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction to them losing to Detroit.  On the contrary, losing to Detroit is the example of a coach (Campbell) doing more with less, and quicker. 

I like the Commanders as a team, in general.  Just not the coach.  The man is a good one.  The coach is meh.

Nothing to be forgiven and I somewhat agree.  Ron Rivera is a good dude, but I think he's been overblown as a head coach.  In 12 seasons he was what..3 winning records?  4?  He doesn't exactly have an elite track record.  My argument for him though, is that he is what the team needs.  You need to understand that Washington has had a revolving door of coaches and front office staff that range from has-beens just collecting paychecks to guys signed for name recognition alone to Dan Snyder sycophants.  The single biggest barriers to success for this team over the years (aside from Snyder himself) have been stability and culture.  While Rivera isn't the brilliant game changing head coach folks might want, he's turned the locker room which is huge for us.  He's a football guy who understands football players.  The attitude of the team has shifted at the base level and that's largely due to Rivera and the respect people around the league have for him.  As a fan of the team who has had to watch my team get dismantled "spiritually" from the inside over the last 2 decades, that positive shift in culture gives me more hope than performance on the field.  Ron isn't the kind of guy who is going to bring us championships.  But he's the guy the organization needs.

• Halal 1