The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

10 hours ago, chakoo said:

I only beg to differ because of this beast...

spacer.png

Also keep that zelda 3ds sealed, new 3DS systems go for buttloads now. I almost feel like a crypto bro now because of how crazy I went on collecting 3ds systems.

but that is literally the Hyrulian Edition. I have it, boxed. 

13 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Why are they charging $70 for this game? I could maybe understand if it was on new hardware, but it’s not. So why the price increase for games on the current Switch which have always been $60?

It has been mentioned before, Nintendo is selling the ‘2 games for $100’ voucher again. You have 1 year to use it before it expires. I would buy voucher if you like Nintendo content. 

• True 1

21 minutes ago, Brian said:

It has been mentioned before, Nintendo is selling the ‘2 games for $100’ voucher again. You have 1 year to use it before it expires. I would buy voucher if you like Nintendo content. 

I’ll add that you need an active paid Nintendo Online account to buy/use these vouchers. Found that out when I tried to buy them today and I realized my account had lapsed months ago. 

43 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I’ll add that you need an active paid Nintendo Online account to buy/use these vouchers. Found that out when I tried to buy them today and I realized my account had lapsed months ago. 

I’ll be buying a 3 month plan closer to release, so I can get this game and Pikmkn 4 for a bit cheaper.

Just got to hope Pikmin doesn’t get delayed.

52 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

You don’t think that’s useful information for your buddy who doesn’t even own a Switch yet? 

Taking advantage of systems online features and offers require that you are a paying member of them? Ya no shit. 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Taking advantage of systems online features and offers require that you are a paying member of them? Ya no shit. 

I think he means in this case phase might want to know this in advance as he decides how best to use the funds he got for a switch and some games. It’s an important note! That said, I think phase might like the expansion pack plan with the n64 and gameboy stuff!

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Sorry, I should have known that when everyone hears “voucher”, their first thought is subscription services. I’m clearly the asshole here. 

• Haha 3
  • True 1

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

but that is literally the Hyrulian Edition. I have it, boxed. 

My bad, i though you were referring to this one. The one I posted is the hylian shied edition.

spacer.png

The photo I posted is of my zelda n2ds xl (technically new, I only took it out once to look at it and take the photo). I've got all but 2 of the zelda 3ds family systems. The first 3ds zelda unit and the 2ds green link unit.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Sorry, I should have known that when everyone hears “voucher”, their first thought is subscription services. I’m clearly the asshole here. 

Yes you should have known and yes clearly you are the asshole. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I think he means in this case phase might want to know this in advance as he decides how best to use the funds he got for a switch and some games. It’s an important note! That said, I think phase might like the expansion pack plan with the n64 and gameboy stuff!

Shut the fuck up. 

• Haha 2

Just last night, I booted up BOTW on Switch. Previously, I played BOTW on Wii U (yeah. I bought it on the Wii U), and of course loved it. Playing it on Switch for the first time, even in handheld mode makes me think, "Damn, this still looks good 6 years later." 

And I have no doubt TOTK will look, and play at minimum, as good as BOTW. 

• True 1

37 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I preordered the zelda oled switch from amazon & target I dont think they're going to end up being super limited if anyone has trouble getting one let me know 

They shouldn't be unless they are blind. The thing is ugly af

• Guillotine 1
  • True 1

4 hours ago, chakoo said:

My bad, i though you were referring to this one. The one I posted is the hylian shied edition.

spacer.png

The photo I posted is of my zelda n2ds xl (technically new, I only took it out once to look at it and take the photo). I've got all but 2 of the zelda 3ds family systems. The first 3ds zelda unit and the 2ds green link unit.

I too have the Zelda 3DS. The Hyrulian Edition box with the hylian shield is still the nicest, imo. I also have the terrible green 2DS I picked up very cheap somewhere at one point. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I too have the Zelda 3DS. The Hyrulian Edition box with the hylian shield is still the nicest, imo. I also have the terrible green 2DS I picked up very cheap somewhere at one point. 

Neat, do you have all 6 zelda 3ds units? (OG 3ds, 3ds xl, 2x n3ds xl, 2ds, n2ds xl)

My majora's mask unit I got the Japanese version because I loved the box art.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Neat, do you have all 6 zelda 3ds units? (OG 3ds, 3ds xl, 2x n3ds xl, 2ds, n2ds xl)

My majora's mask unit I got the Japanese version because I loved the box art.

spacer.png

I have this one and the link between worlds triforce one. Used but still have the box, cant believe people are buying them for $400-500

2 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I have this one and the link between worlds triforce one. Used but still have the box, cant believe people are buying them for $400-500

The price for some 3ds units are just plain nuts.

Like the Snes unit goes for 700-1k when it was available on amazon for ages and even went on sell a few times yet the more rare Fire Emblem OG 3DS goes for less. =/

On 3/28/2023 at 11:13 AM, Bjomesphat said:

I know on first glance it looks like DLC to BotW, but I'm sure there's far more to this than what they're showing. Nearly every Zelda feels like it's own thing, even ones that are direct sequels or even use the same assets.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:39 AM, stepee said:

It’s really just the same map though? Is it a full new map in addition in the sky? 

I originally thought they would do an expansion type sequel using the same map but like…in two years or something. Since this took 6 years, the same development time as BOTW itself, Im thinking there has to be something more to this still we haven’t seen?

More tools in the sandbox is cool but I do want to see how this becomes maybe more of a Zelda game with dungeons and stuff.

This is my current concern as well. Using the same map is a bit lackluster to me, and I'm worried there won't be enough newness. Yes I'm sure the game will still be great, but I don't think it'll really blow our socks off the way BOTW did, and maybe we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if there aren't more traditional dungeons and such. I'm hoping I'm wrong and there are indeed a lot of things they're keeping from us as a surprise. I remember a friend of mine saying either after BOTW first came out, or when this game was first revealed how a sequel could be quick to come out like Majora's Mask was (about two years) if they just use the same map and expand on it, and yet here we are just over 6 years since BOTW came out, and almost 4 years since this game was first announced to be in development. There has to be something big that we haven't seen yet, otherwise yeah we'll be thinking this could have been DLC, and yet they're charging $70 for this. Maybe they wanted the game to come out sooner, or was originally going to be an expansion, but like what seems to happen with a lot of Zelda games Aonuma makes, he and the team just kept coming up with more and more ideas.

10 hours ago, Brick said:

This is my current concern as well. Using the same map is a bit lackluster to me, and I'm worried there won't be enough newness. Yes I'm sure the game will still be great, but I don't think it'll really blow our socks off the way BOTW did, and maybe we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if there aren't more traditional dungeons and such. I'm hoping I'm wrong and there are indeed a lot of things they're keeping from us as a surprise. I remember a friend of mine saying either after BOTW first came out, or when this game was first revealed how a sequel could be quick to come out like Majora's Mask was (about two years) if they just use the same map and expand on it, and yet here we are just over 6 years since BOTW came out, and almost 4 years since this game was first announced to be in development. There has to be something big that we haven't seen yet, otherwise yeah we'll be thinking this could have been DLC, and yet they're charging $70 for this. Maybe they wanted the game to come out sooner, or was originally going to be an expansion, but like what seems to happen with a lot of Zelda games Aonuma makes, he and the team just kept coming up with more and more ideas.

If this game is their Mario Galaxy 2 to Mario Galaxy 1, I'd be cool with it.

I think BoTW's world was interesting to explore, but the quality of the enviornmental puzzles could have been improved.  Korok seeds did most of the lifting.  I'd love to see enough interesting and unique ideas fill it to where they're no longer nessicary.

15 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

If this game is their Mario Galaxy 2 to Mario Galaxy 1, I'd be cool with it.

I think BoTW's world was interesting to explore, but the quality of the enviornmental puzzles could have been improved.  Korok seeds did most of the lifting.  I'd love to see enough interesting and unique ideas fill it to where they're no longer nessicary.

Yeah I thought Galaxy 2 was overall better than the first. What's funny though is that in this day and age that game probably would have actually come out as separate DLC packs.

Someone on the Negative Worlds Discord made a good analogy that TOTK being in the same world, hopefully there's more to chew on, otherwise it starts to feel like Breath of the Wild Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

There just has to be something they aren't showing for this to not feel like a third version in a Pokémon generation. This is the first Zelda to ever re-use the same map, so minor changes won't cut it. Hopefully the sky islands are plentiful, and large. Maybe there's also an underground.

• 2 weeks later...