Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutSurgen

Sales & Deals Update: 65" LG C9 OLED is $2,300 (34% discount) at Newegg until Sunday

Recommended Posts

We're in the process of renovating our family room.  We just moved our 11-year-old Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma from the back of the entertainment unit, and mounted it on the wall.

 

Plugged it in (I can hear the power supply get power).  Press the power switch.  And nada.  Looks like it is now DOA.

 

I'll try it again in a couple of hours.

 

However, is anyone aware of any deals on 65" LG OLEDs?  (My wife is trying to get me to hold off on buying one until Black Friday and use an old 720p projector we have, but if I can find a deal on an OLED, I may be able to convince her....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the problem.  Apparently my TV has a hard power switch (that I haven't used in 11 years, or 4 moves) -- that we must have bumped when we moved the TV.  Apparently I'm not the only idiot who didn't know this.

 

On the positive side, when I pulled out my outdoor projector screen, I discovered the cardboard tube was wet (and moldy) -- if I hadn't taken it out (and cleaned it up), my projector screen likely would have been ruined!  (God works in mysterious ways.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you a Costco or Sam's Club member? You can get this one for $2,949.99 and get a $200 gift card back:

 

 https://www.costco.com/LG-65"-Class-(64.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-OLED-TV.product.100410422.html

 

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/lg-television-65in-uhd-smart-tv-oled-4k-hdmi-hdr-w-thinq/prod22273801.ip

 

Your wife is probably correct on waiting till BF though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Are you a Costco or Sam's Club member? You can get this one for $2,949.99 and get a $200 gift card back:

 

 https://www.costco.com/LG-65"-Class-(64.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-OLED-TV.product.100410422.html

 

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/lg-television-65in-uhd-smart-tv-oled-4k-hdmi-hdr-w-thinq/prod22273801.ip

 

Your wife is probably correct on waiting till BF though.

 

That’s a bad price, tbh

 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392027498787

Since it’s “or best offer” I’d try $2300. Free shipping, no tax, comes with two HDMI cables and a screen cleaner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably 2 weeks ago Walmart had factory refurbished 65" LG OLED B7A's for about $1,600. That's probably the lowest I've seen but I'd always be worried because it's a refurb. Like is it going to come scratched or messed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last years model is a no go; don't want to sacrifice that HDMI 2.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, legend said:

Last years model is a no go; don't want to sacrifice that HDMI 2.1.

The C9 is THIS year's model with HDMI 2.1 :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, legend said:

Last years model is a no go; don't want to sacrifice that HDMI 2.1.

 

7 hours ago, legend said:

 

I was responding to the links @ManUtdRedDevils gave and @cusideabelincoln's comments.

 

Yea, going for an HDMI 2.0 TV now would be a really silly idea for a gamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

prices will keep dropping through the year with a low around black Friday then they bounce back a bit till they start closing out around March the next year and will drop until they are gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the 65C9. What a shit show this thing is in terms of uniformity at white and near black and there is red tinting on the edges with earth tones. 

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

I bought the 65C9. What a shit show this thing is in terms of uniformity at white and near black and there is red tinting on the edges with earth tones. 

 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

Exchange it. You got a bad panel, it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

Exchange it. You got a bad panel, it happens.

I already exchanged a C8 to go to the C9. I am hoping they let me exchange again.  Even on the C8 the white uniformity wasn't the greatest, but at least the near black was good.  I am sure worst case they will let me take the C8 back, but then I lose VRR & HDMI 2.1 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

I already exchanged a C8 to go to the C9. I am hoping they let me exchange again.  Even on the C8 the white uniformity wasn't the greatest, but at least the near black was good.  I am sure worst case they will let me take the C8 back, but then I lose VRR & HDMI 2.1 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

That’s really weird, try going on r/hometheater on reddit. I haven’t seen too many people report things like this, so it could either be there’s a “break-in period” or you had bad luck twice in a row. My B7 definitely doesn’t have this issue (not helpful, I know :p )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

That’s really weird, try going on r/hometheater on reddit. I haven’t seen too many people report things like this, so it could either be there’s a “break-in period” or you had bad luck twice in a row. My B7 definitely doesn’t have this issue (not helpful, I know :p )

It's pretty common, unfortunately. The masses just don't seem to notice or care.  I watch hockey so it sticks out like a sore thumb on that. 

 

Here is a 60 page thread on the tinting with a lot of examples. Some people in that thread went through like 8 sets before finding one they deemed acceptable. I don't know what store would let you do that though.  There are plenty in there that people returned that I would be happy with.  

 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/oled-yellow-red-tint.2119862/

 

 

The near black issues can improve with break in, but as far as tinting, it seems to be what you see is what you get. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rbk_3 sorry to hear you are going through that. You always hope tv buying is quick and easy. Years ago I had to return a tv and just trying to pack it all up and haul it back was stressful enough.  Let alone multiple times. I would definitely take that one back though, looks horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, DarkStar189 said:

@Rbk_3 sorry to hear you are going through that. You always hope tv buying is quick and easy. Years ago I had to return a tv and just trying to pack it all up and haul it back was stressful enough.  Let alone multiple times. I would definitely take that one back though, looks horrible. 

Thanks, yeah you would expect a $3000 TV not to be tinted like a rainbow. The store is going to let me come in and look at one before I do an exchange to make sure it is ok before I take it home. I don't expect it to be perfect, but this just isn't acceptable to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

Thanks, yeah you would expect a $3000 TV not to be tinted like a rainbow. The store is going to let me come in and look at one before I do an exchange to make sure it is ok before I take it home. I don't expect it to be perfect, but this just isn't acceptable to me 

 

I had to have the panel on my B7 replaced because of that red tinting nonsense. Local tv repair guy swapped it and LG paid for it. So he made a few other tweeks on their dime too haha. But yeah my fingers are crossed every day that it doesn’t pop up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

 

I had to have the panel on my B7 replaced because of that red tinting nonsense. Local tv repair guy swapped it and LG paid for it. So he made a few other tweeks on their dime too haha. But yeah my fingers are crossed every day that it doesn’t pop up again. 

Yours developed it over time? Or did you just not notice it right way?  That is shitty if it can just pop up later on too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, DarkStar189 said:

@Rbk_3 sorry to hear you are going through that. You always hope tv buying is quick and easy. Years ago I had to return a tv and just trying to pack it all up and haul it back was stressful enough.  Let alone multiple times. I would definitely take that one back though, looks horrible. 

 

Opted for the 55” this time as I read your luck is better with the 55. It’s damn near perfect compared to those 65s. So relieved. Would prefer a 65 but I’ll happily take a tint free 55 

 

 

0be9e973cfe49eac76b923a1de2fd27c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...