Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutSurgen

Sales & Deals Update: 65" LG C9 OLED is $2,096 at Amazon and $1,700 at Newegg

Recommended Posts

I ended up getting my parents a free 65 inch C9 from the BuyDig deal a few weeks back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

 

 

Yeah but like I said, recently it's only started doing it. I've been doing it this way for years and have had no hitches when the background changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Yeah but like I said, recently it's only started doing it. I've been doing it this way for years and have had no hitches when the background changes.


You downgraded to a 56k modem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    I know I broke down and bought a Samsung Qled q8fn 65" to save money and also bought a Zotec 2080Ti card, I'm wanting this TV in 75 inch for my new house we just bought! It has a main living room wall that is screaming for it damn it!

    I'll need it to drop to 2k or it's a no go. It's my dream tv at this moment, even though my Qled has not disappointed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my TV today.

 

Damaged in shipping. Screen is fucked and you can see the impact point on the external shipping box and product box torn through. Yay. So excited to pack the big thing up and drop it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legend said:

Got my TV today.

 

Damaged in shipping. Screen is fucked and you can see the impact point on the external shipping box and product box torn through. Yay. So excited to pack the big thing up and drop it off.

Damn that's a shame! Sorry to hear that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legend said:

Got my TV today.

 

Damaged in shipping. Screen is fucked and you can see the impact point on the external shipping box and product box torn through. Yay. So excited to pack the big thing up and drop it off.

From Amazon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

From Amazon?

 

Yep. Already initiated the replacement with them. Pretty annoyed that I have to box thing back up though. They fuck up and I get a chore :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assembled the 55” inch this afternoon @SFLUFAN  The screen is amazing! The directions were literally useless. Watched a great YouTube video and it took me about 45 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Assembled the 55” inch this afternoon @SFLUFAN  The screen is amazing! The directions were literally useless. Watched a great YouTube video and it took me about 45 minutes. 

Oh God - the directions are UTTER GARBAGE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, SFLUFAN said:

Oh God - the directions are UTTER GARBAGE.

It was unbelievable how useless they were. I had to look up a video on Youtube.  I could honestly come up with better directions with a pencil and piece of paper in 5 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What did you guys need instructions for? Attaching the stand?

 

How to use the remote and turn on the TV. God these guys are dummies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

How to use the remote and turn on the TV. God these guys are dummies!


I’m seriously asking :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

What did you guys need instructions for? Attaching the stand?

Yeah. I mean ask @SFLUFAN  Those were the worlds worst instructions. I prolly could had figured it out but why take chances when there are several YouTube videos that walk you through it literally step by step. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:

It was unbelievable how useless they were. I had to look up a video on Youtube.  I could honestly come up with better directions with a pencil and piece of paper in 5 minutes. 

Right?  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay, got my replacement and the screen and frame wasn't dented in on this one!

 

I'm looking to set this up to work with my PC. Right now in desktop mode there seems to be more noticeable mouse lag, but I'm wondering if that's because it's not configured right. I found some stuff online about labeling it as a PC input, but the instructions are old. I did set it to use "instant game mode" but I don't think that works for the desktop. 

 

Anyone have any setup advice for connecting with the PC?

 

Nvm, found the real issue: my PC display settings thought it should output at 30hz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering do any of you use game mode? I’ve left mine on standard mode for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Biggie said:

Was wondering do any of you use game mode? I’ve left mine on standard mode for now. 


You should 100000% be using game mode when gaming as it lowers latency and is more resistant to image retention and burn-in in that mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is a huge fan of Fable. So on the new TV she put on Fable Anniversary PC and we cranked it up to 4K. The color, contrast, and resolution makes it look like a whole new game.

 

This is making me want my new PC now, but Nvidia has to stop slacking and release cards with HDMI 2.1 already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:


You should 100000% be using game mode when gaming as it lowers latency and is more resistant to image retention and burn-in in that mode.

I’ve tried multiple settings using game mode. Even watched some YouTube videos. But overall vivid mode looks the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You should be able to turn on game mode and still adjust picture settings

I have. I’ve tinkered but never get a better picture than vivid with those exact settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I’ve tried multiple settings using game mode. Even watched some YouTube videos. But overall vivid mode looks the best. 


Vivid should look awful unless you like over brightened images :p 

Google C9 calibration settings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:


Vivid should look awful unless you like over brightened images :p 

Google C9 calibration settings 


I was going to suggest something like this but wanted to be nice :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:


I was going to suggest something like this but wanted to be nice :p 


If you’ve never calibrated or had a color-accurate display before, I can understand why someone would think “Vivid mode” looks best. Just like when people set their TV to “cool” for color temperature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I have. I’ve tinkered but never get a better picture than vivid with those exact settings

 

Well, the reason for Game mode isn't that it will make the picture look better, it's that it will drastically decrease the response time of the screen, meaning your control inputs will be seen more quickly.

 

If you're just watching video you should feel free to use other picture settings that use additional processing that increase the response time, but may result in a better image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, legend said:

 

Well, the reason for Game mode isn't that it will make the picture look better, it's that it will drastically decrease the response time of the screen, meaning your control inputs will be seen more quickly.

 

If you're just watching video you should feel free to use other picture settings that use additional processing that increase the response time, but may result in a better image.

Tbh I can’t tell the difference playing games in game mode or vivid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Tbh I can’t tell the difference playing games in game mode or vivid. 

 

Then you should do what you want! :p 

 

I used to not really notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps, but after getting back into gaming on the PC for a while, there was a moment where that suddenly all changed and now the difference sticks out like a sore thumb. It felt like a curse, because obviously not really noticing lower performance makes it easier to crank the rest up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...