Update: 65" LG C9 OLED is $2,096 at Amazon and $1,700 at Newegg

AbsolutSurgen

I know I broke down and bought a Samsung Qled q8fn 65" to save money and also bought a Zotec 2080Ti card, I'm wanting this TV in 75 inch for my new house we just bought! It has a main living room wall that is screaming for it damn it!

I'll need it to drop to 2k or it's a no go. It's my dream tv at this moment, even though my Qled has not disappointed 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, SFLUFAN said:

Oh God - the directions are UTTER GARBAGE.

It was unbelievable how useless they were. I had to look up a video on Youtube.  I could honestly come up with better directions with a pencil and piece of paper in 5 minutes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

What did you guys need instructions for? Attaching the stand?

Yeah. I mean ask @SFLUFAN  Those were the worlds worst instructions. I prolly could had figured it out but why take chances when there are several YouTube videos that walk you through it literally step by step. 

Yay, got my replacement and the screen and frame wasn't dented in on this one!

I'm looking to set this up to work with my PC. Right now in desktop mode there seems to be more noticeable mouse lag, but I'm wondering if that's because it's not configured right. I found some stuff online about labeling it as a PC input, but the instructions are old. I did set it to use "instant game mode" but I don't think that works for the desktop. 

Anyone have any setup advice for connecting with the PC?

Nvm, found the real issue: my PC display settings thought it should output at 30hz!

My wife is a huge fan of Fable. So on the new TV she put on Fable Anniversary PC and we cranked it up to 4K. The color, contrast, and resolution makes it look like a whole new game.

This is making me want my new PC now, but Nvidia has to stop slacking and release cards with HDMI 2.1 already!

22 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

You should 100000% be using game mode when gaming as it lowers latency and is more resistant to image retention and burn-in in that mode.

I’ve tried multiple settings using game mode. Even watched some YouTube videos. But overall vivid mode looks the best. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I was going to suggest something like this but wanted to be nice :p 

If you’ve never calibrated or had a color-accurate display before, I can understand why someone would think “Vivid mode” looks best. Just like when people set their TV to “cool” for color temperature.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I have. I’ve tinkered but never get a better picture than vivid with those exact settings

Well, the reason for Game mode isn't that it will make the picture look better, it's that it will drastically decrease the response time of the screen, meaning your control inputs will be seen more quickly.

If you're just watching video you should feel free to use other picture settings that use additional processing that increase the response time, but may result in a better image.

18 minutes ago, legend said:

Well, the reason for Game mode isn't that it will make the picture look better, it's that it will drastically decrease the response time of the screen, meaning your control inputs will be seen more quickly.

If you're just watching video you should feel free to use other picture settings that use additional processing that increase the response time, but may result in a better image.

Tbh I can’t tell the difference playing games in game mode or vivid. 

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Tbh I can’t tell the difference playing games in game mode or vivid. 

Then you should do what you want! :p 

I used to not really notice the difference between 60fps and 30fps, but after getting back into gaming on the PC for a while, there was a moment where that suddenly all changed and now the difference sticks out like a sore thumb. It felt like a curse, because obviously not really noticing lower performance makes it easier to crank the rest up.