NFL Week 1 - The NFL Gets a New Facelift

Keyser_Soze

On 9/13/2022 at 9:30 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Unsurprised how quickly the narrative has changed on Denver.

On 9/13/2022 at 9:40 AM, thewhyteboar said:

Best-case scenario for them is 3rd in the division.

I really like Russ, but yeah, it was so weird seeing so many superlative predictions thrown at them for 2022 success in such a brutal division.  

4 hours ago, BuckFly said:

I really like Russ, but yeah, it was so weird seeing so many superlative predictions thrown at them for 2022 success in such a brutal division.  

They've been talking like he is an elite QB.  And he is a good QB, but IMHO, not anywhere in the league of Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes/Herbert/Allen.

And he's 33, and a big part of his game has been scrambling...

• True 1

9 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

They've been talking like he is an elite QB.  And he is a good QB, but IMHO, not anywhere in the league of Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes/Herbert/Allen.

And he's 33, and a big part of his game has been scrambling...

Abs, btw, I "get" Hackett, but it still just wasn't right.  You are paying your QB not good money, but elite money potentially for situations exactly like 4th and 6 at mid-field with a minute left. 

Lose because your 40 million QB couldn't get it done (but hopefully he does), not because your kicker didn't hit from 60 plus yards out.

He blinked...he blinked hard. 

11 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Abs, btw, I "get" Hackett, but it still just wasn't right.  You are paying your QB not good money, but elite money potentially for situations exactly like 4th and 6 at mid-field with a minute left. 

Lose because your 40 million QB couldn't get it done (but hopefully he does), not because your kicker didn't hit from 60 plus yards out.

He blinked...he blinked hard. 

You're right.

I've got an alternate take....  The Broncos lost the game because they fumbled twice inside the 5-yard line.

I go for it with Russell on 4th and 5 too, but it's probably only got a 30% shot at winning from that situation?

• Halal 1