NFL Week 1 - The NFL Gets a New Facelift

Keyser_Soze

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Tailgating is dumb af.  I get it. We build these stadiums in the middle of fucking no where so your only option to eat and drink before a game is in a parking lot.  I am surprised this doesn’t happen more often. 

I agree but  the stories that I hear from these things. Brother a few years back won a folding table (with his buddies) by out drinking some Bills Mafia fans. I think they were more upset that they didn’t take the table and break it right afterwards in celebration 

Takeaways from Raiders Week 1:

1)  Derek Carr played one of his worst games in several seasons.  I don't know how much of this is real (i.e. he has looked better because of coaching), or whether it was just a bad game.

2)  Davante Adams is an incredible receiver

3)  Raiders O-Line and pass defence were terrible in the first half, but looked much better in the second half.

4)  I think the Raiders were the better team in the second half.  With all of the interceptions and sacks in the game, the one positive is -- Raiders were within one score against a team some have picked to be one of the league's best teams.

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

You trade all that for a quarterback and don’t trust him when the game is on the line??? You’d rather attempt a 64 yard field goal?? Insane. 

Even worse is they kicked it but a timeout was called and he missed.  You'd think maybe not attempt it again after that free shot.