Breaking: 10 killed, 15 injured in multiple stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, two suspects still at large

damien-and-myles-sanderson.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

RCMP said in a press conference at 3:40 CT that they found 10 people deceased in 13 locations, and at least 15 people have been hospitalized. RCMP said the two suspects, identified as Damien...

Melfort RCMP have issued a provincewide dangerous persons alert after multiple people were stabbed in the James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon, Sask.

RCMP said in a press conference at 3:40 CT that they found 10 people deceased in 13 locations, and at least 15 people have been hospitalized. 

"There could be more injured," Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan RCMP, said.

• Shocked 1

This is where I live. Sounds like they went home to home, entering people's houses. They are driving a stolen vehicle.

We've been receiving emergency alerts on our phones all day. They were possibly spotted a few km from where I live (in my city) this afternoon, but it's not certain. Emergency notice has been expanded across all prairie provinces. We locked our door today, which is unusual for a weekend.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 4

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

I don’t get people who don’t lock their doors. This is literally the downside. And it takes no time or effort. Not like it costs money each time or an hour or something. Sure it’s statistically improbable, but why risk it.

It’s a weird point of pride with my family who live in the middle of nowhere. Like “we live in such a nice, quiet village that’s so peaceful, we don’t even need to lock our doors! It’s not like the scary Big City with all that crime and noise. Why, just last week, Martha from down the street came over and borrowed some sugar from us when we were out of the house, and she used it to bake us a pie!”

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

I don’t get people who don’t lock their doors. This is literally the downside. And it takes no time or effort. Not like it costs money each time or an hour or something. Sure it’s statistically improbable, but why risk it.

Is there a new phenomenon going on? My neighbors are doing it. Instead of carrying a key they keep the key in a lockbox on the door so when they want to get in they use the lockbox every time to unlock the door.

When my dad worked night shifts for Ford. We always kept the front door locked but always left the back open for when he came home at 4-5am in the morning. So I’m not too surprised about them entering unlocked houses. Michael Moore wasn’t wrong when he entered random unlocked Canadian houses in Bowling for Columbine 

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If we're in our front area of the house then we'll keep the main door open and the screen door unlocked. Crime rate is a lot lower in Canada, especially rural areas.

We too keep the front door unlocked, screen down for airflow all day until we go to bed. We have maybe 1-2 murders in my town a year (if that) The only murder last year was a hit job on the boarder with Hamilton. Besides that, I feel comfortable with the door left unlocked for the day. Growing up though (30-35 years back) we had briefly a Pakistani family living a few doors down. Their young son would constantly go into our backyard and take our Sesame Street paddle car once everything went dark. Only stayed in the neighbourhood a few months but it pissed off my dad.