BofA - Zero down payment to displace Black and Latino communities

I'm confused by the title of this post. The intention behind this seems to be the exact opposite :thinking:

CA_homesales_ap.jpg?w=1280
THEHILL.COM

Bank of America has announced a new effort aimed at bolstering homeownership opportunities in Black and Latino communities, with plans to offer zero down payment and zero closing cost mortga…

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm confused by the title of this post. The intention behind this seems to be the exact opposite :thinking:

CA_homesales_ap.jpg?w=1280
THEHILL.COM

Bank of America has announced a new effort aimed at bolstering homeownership opportunities in Black and Latino communities, with plans to offer zero down payment and zero closing cost mortga…

I think he’s being cynical and anticipating that this will benefit white people the most and will only gentrify these communities.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think he’s being cynical and anticipating that this will benefit white people the most and will only gentrify these communities.

Yeah I got that, but that's not what the program is. If anything the fear is it could lead to another sub-prime situation where you have folks getting mortages who really can't afford them. I'm going to look into this program myself. Hopefully I don't make too much money to qualify. If anybody will gentrify a black Los Angeles neighborhood it will be me :p My rent (which just went up TODAY) is ALREADY a mortage.