'Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey' trailer... wat?

Derek

I guess I never paid much attention to this public domain business. I didn't know about the 95 year copyright thing. I read something about Batman and Superman becoming public domain in 2033. I imagine some Marvel character's won't be far behind that. If I'm still around then, that will be interesting to see! 

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

Obviously I don't know a thing about public domain, because I thought as long as whoever has the rights to it is still active with it, it's still copyrighted.

71f0f29ad6e3176ce846e66e576bc090
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Beloved character will enter public domain in 2024, nearly 95 years after he was created in 1928

WB/DC isn't losing Superman and Batman, and Disney isn't losing Mickey Mouse. I'm sure they'll get the best lawyers available to argue why the companies should still own the rights to these characters. Something along the lines of these characters were created for these companies. 

7 hours ago, Brick said:

WB/DC isn't losing Superman and Spider-Man, and Disney isn't losing Mickey Mouse. I'm sure they'll get the best lawyers available to argue why the companies should still own the rights to these characters. Something along the lines of these characters were created for these companies. 

From what I have read the 'steamboat willie' version of mickey mouse enters the public domain in 2024.  But the more well known version of Mickey will never enter public domain because he is also the company logo.  

• Halal 1

There are different issues at play, copyright vs trademark. Mickey is both in different contexts. Trademark persists essentially as long as you continue using it. Theoretically people could make derivative works of Mickey, the character who is entering PD, but couldn’t make use of Mickey in areas that would violate Disney’s trademark.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There are different issues at play, copyright vs trademark. Mickey is both in different contexts. Trademark persists essentially as long as you continue using it. Theoretically people could make derivative works of Mickey, the character who is entering PD, but couldn’t make use of Mickey in areas that would violate Disney’s trademark.

who cares about this we just want to know if you are screening blood and honey or not

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This is probably where my confusion came from.

• True 1

34 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I was playing some Halo tonight and my friends brother watched it. He just said it was “all sorts of fucked up shit” but he enjoyed. Yes, marijuana might of been consumed for their viewing. When does it hit Disney+ 🥸

How has he watched it, or are you just talking about the trailer?

On 8/31/2022 at 4:48 PM, Derek said:

I guess I never paid much attention to this public domain business. I didn't know about the 95 year copyright thing. I read something about Batman and Superman becoming public domain in 2033. I imagine some Marvel character's won't be far behind that. If I'm still around then, that will be interesting to see! 

DC did something to retain the copyright for Superman and Batman already the same way Disney did for Mickey Mouse. Those companies will keep stretching that shit out for as long as they can.

• 5 months later...

Soooooo I went to to see this tonight. My buddy and I bought tickets a month ago 😂 We were convinced we’d be the only ones in the theater. But to my absolute delight, the show(only 1 showing) was SOLD OUT. Packed theater and a such an amazing time. 

This is about as B movie slasher as it can get. But the plot works, there’s actual logic for why they are the way they are lol. Tons of gore but campy enough it doesn’t gross you out, great creative kills, every horror trope box gets checked. Truly a great time at the movies. I think this is only in theaters till the 23rd and I’d highly recommend going, cause why the fuck not 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Call me when there is a Pinocchio body snatcher movie where he wears the skin of his victims.

If you've ever read the original The Adventures of Pinocchio (not the Disneyfied version) you know the fable is plenty dark already. When Pinnochio first meets Jiminy Cricket he immediately kills the talking bug with a hammer. Pinnochio's friend, a little boy named Candlewick, gets turned into a donkey and is forced to work on a farm until he dies of exhaustion. 

Oh I forgot to mention. Just to add to the surreal feeling of the night. There were no trailers, not even the normal Regal “welcome to the show” thing they run. Lights go down and here we go. Then the movie is only like 75 minutes. Followed by about 5 minutes of credits because like 12 people made the movie 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Oh I forgot to mention. Just to add to the surreal feeling of the night. There were no trailers, not even the normal Regal “welcome to the show” thing they run. Lights go down and here we go. Then the movie is only like 75 minutes. Followed by about 5 minutes of credits because like 12 people made the movie 😂

Lol THIS is what you were talking about?! :lol: