~~ 3DS Community Thread ~~

chakoo

• 3 weeks later...

You'll be adding a few more in the coming months too, yeah? Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Etrian Odyssey Nexus come out relatively soon, IIRC. 

And man, that Persona Q 2 announcement! Not coming out until June, but still! As much as I dig the 3DS, I honestly wasn't expecting myself to be buying new games (at retail!) that far into 2019. 

28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fire Emblem Echos anygood @chakoo @CastlevaniaNut18 @GameDadGrant

Yes but honestly it’s still on my backlog (I have it). It’s a remake of an older title in the series and i’ve heard some great things with how it changes up some of the formula.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, GameDadGrant said:

You'll be adding a few more in the coming months too, yeah? Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Etrian Odyssey Nexus come out relatively soon, IIRC. 

And man, that Persona Q 2 announcement! Not coming out until June, but still! As much as I dig the 3DS, I honestly wasn't expecting myself to be buying new games (at retail!) that far into 2019. 

Yep. I actually went to try buying EO nexus on Wednesday but when my local store was sold out, I end up walking out with the LE for 7th Dragon III Code: VFD which i’ve been eyeing for months (played through the demo and liked it). -.-

9 hours ago, Biggie said:

Fire Emblem Echos anygood @chakoo @CastlevaniaNut18 @GameDadGrant

Yes, I really dig that game. Pretty interesting twists on the old

mechanics, including weapons that no longer have limited use! Being able to freely walk around dungeons and other areas was a nice touch, too. The production values are fantastic as well. Full voice acting for pretty much everyone. And the spoken lines are pretty high quality, delivered by some fairly talented actors. Definitely recommend this game. 

8 hours ago, chakoo said:

Yes but honestly it’s still on my backlog (I have it). It’s a remake of an older title in the series and i’ve heard some great things with how it changes up some of the formula.

Yep. I actually went to try buying EO nexus on Wednesday but when my local store was sold out, I end up walking out with the LE for 7th Dragon III Code: VFD which i’ve been eyeing for months (played through the demo and liked it). -.-

Nice! I still need to finish that game. Hope that wasn’t your only chance to get the  Etrian Odyssey Nexus CE.

• Like 1

Success!! Local shop called me to tell me they got Yo-Kai Watch 3 in so I grabbed a copy. I might start this one over the weekend. I also picked up a copy of ace combat 3ds earlier in the day while checking out a retro game shop i’ve never been to before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

Success!! Local shop called me to tell me they got Yo-Kai Watch 3 in so I grabbed a copy. I might start this one over the weekend. I also picked up a copy of ace combat 3ds earlier in the day while checking out a retro game shop i’ve never been to before.

Congratulations! 

Is the Ace Combat game the OG version, or the updated one that allows use of amiibo?

If you remotely ever want to play Yo-Kai Watch 3 sometime in the future and haven't bought a copy. DO IT NOW. The game pretty much looks to be OOS in all of canada (Amazon, Bestbuy,Walmart, EBGames, zereo stock online or in stores). In the states Amazon.com is down to a few 3rd party sellers.  Like EO Nexus that came out earlier in the week is far more accessible to purchase right now then Yo-Kai watch 3. 

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah I’d be surprised if Yo-Kai Watch 3 got an even medium-sized print run. Probably limited to just pre-orders and a couple of extras for stores. Guaranteed to be OOP by this summer, I’d guess.

Which is sad because I'm actually enjoying the game and I feel many will miss out. I very much expect to find this on some hidden gems video in 5 years.  As we see with WiiWare, eShop isn't going to be around forever. 

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I think the next game I’m going to download will be SMT Strange Journey 

Nice, I still need to pick up a copy. Not sure why I keep dragging my feat on that one. I had great fun with Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers on 3ds. 

I can only imagine how limited the print run will be for Persona Q 2. I mean, Yo-Kai Watch 3 certainly had a small run, but Atlus' game is likely to be even smaller. 

Or will it....?

Persona games sell decently well in North America, yeah? Maybe this will be a small success? ...I'm just not sure, even a "big" name like Persona coming THIS late in the 3DS lifespan doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. But...ya never know! 

• 3 weeks later...

For anybody in canada. EB has Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux & The Alliance Alive on sale for $25 each (most likely trying to clear stock). I sadly missed out on SMT being in stock at an eb near me but AA I have on reserve for me to pick up. 

• Like 1

Anyone besides me pick up Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn yet? I haven't played it, only the demo so far. Kinda bummed the multiplayer was taken out. Though I suppose this late in the 3DS lifespan, maybe it's not that big of a deal. Plus they added a bunch of new stuff to keep the single player mode interesting, so I suppose all is well that ends well. 

I've really been digging into Persona Q lately. Getting primed for New Cinema Labyrinth! :D 

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

I don't have many 3DS games but there are two that I want to pick up for a good deal is Metroid Returns and Wario Ware Gold

Both of those games are really great, and I'd say they are worth their $40 price tag. 3DS games thankfully don't cost as much as console games do, but still give you a ton of great stuff to play. It's a bargain! 

I haven’t got Kirby yet, I was planning to buy it on Wednesday from my local game shop but I end up getting sick. :(

So i’ll probably try next week. I did play the demo and I enjoyed yoshi woolly world.

sad that after Kirby, there isn’t really anything left on the 3ds radar till persona q2. :(