Jump to content
~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
chakoo

Nintendo ~~ 3DS Community Thread ~~

Recommended Posts

I swear, I wasn’t looking for another 3ds game so soon but I was in an ebgames today (went for $30 yakuza 6) and found a used copy of project x zone for $20. I think i’ll hit 100 physical games by mid February. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be adding a few more in the coming months too, yeah? Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Etrian Odyssey Nexus come out relatively soon, IIRC. 

 

And man, that Persona Q 2 announcement! Not coming out until June, but still! As much as I dig the 3DS, I honestly wasn't expecting myself to be buying new games (at retail!) that far into 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fire Emblem Echos anygood @chakoo @CastlevaniaNut18 @GameDadGrant

Yes but honestly it’s still on my backlog (I have it). It’s a remake of an older title in the series and i’ve heard some great things with how it changes up some of the formula.

 

On 2/3/2019 at 11:09 AM, GameDadGrant said:

You'll be adding a few more in the coming months too, yeah? Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Etrian Odyssey Nexus come out relatively soon, IIRC. 

 

And man, that Persona Q 2 announcement! Not coming out until June, but still! As much as I dig the 3DS, I honestly wasn't expecting myself to be buying new games (at retail!) that far into 2019. 

Yep. I actually went to try buying EO nexus on Wednesday but when my local store was sold out, I end up walking out with the LE for 7th Dragon III Code: VFD which i’ve been eyeing for months (played through the demo and liked it). -.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Biggie said:

Fire Emblem Echos anygood @chakoo @CastlevaniaNut18 @GameDadGrant

Yes, I really dig that game. Pretty interesting twists on the old

mechanics, including weapons that no longer have limited use! Being able to freely walk around dungeons and other areas was a nice touch, too. The production values are fantastic as well. Full voice acting for pretty much everyone. And the spoken lines are pretty high quality, delivered by some fairly talented actors. Definitely recommend this game. 

8 hours ago, chakoo said:

Yes but honestly it’s still on my backlog (I have it). It’s a remake of an older title in the series and i’ve heard some great things with how it changes up some of the formula.

 

Yep. I actually went to try buying EO nexus on Wednesday but when my local store was sold out, I end up walking out with the LE for 7th Dragon III Code: VFD which i’ve been eyeing for months (played through the demo and liked it). -.-

Nice! I still need to finish that game. Hope that wasn’t your only chance to get the  Etrian Odyssey Nexus CE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Success!! Local shop called me to tell me they got Yo-Kai Watch 3 in so I grabbed a copy. I might start this one over the weekend. I also picked up a copy of ace combat 3ds earlier in the day while checking out a retro game shop i’ve never been to before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chakoo said:

Success!! Local shop called me to tell me they got Yo-Kai Watch 3 in so I grabbed a copy. I might start this one over the weekend. I also picked up a copy of ace combat 3ds earlier in the day while checking out a retro game shop i’ve never been to before.

Congratulations! 

 

Is the Ace Combat game the OG version, or the updated one that allows use of amiibo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Congratulations! 

 

Is the Ace Combat game the OG version, or the updated one that allows use of amiibo?

OG but it was also only $20 new and I regret I passed on a used copy a few years back when I saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp. I've blown past 100 physical titles to actually 101 games with Yo-Kai 3. My total game count atm is 125 with digital (not counting eShop only titles).

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI but japan got a demo for Kirby's Epic Yarn this week. I gave it a dl and will give it a go later tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played some more of Metroid Samus Returns. Damn this game is goooooood.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just a minor update but Kirby’s epic yarn runs great, looks great, has 2 levels in the demo and no 3D effect. 

 

I definitely think I will get it (never played it on the Wii).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chakoo said:

So just a minor update but Kirby’s epic yarn runs great, looks great, has 2 levels in the demo and no 3D effect. 

 

I definitely think I will get it (never played it on the Wii).

No 3D effect is disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, chakoo said:

Just an FYI but japan got a demo for Kirby's Epic Yarn this week. I gave it a dl and will give it a go later tonight. 

Oh man I hope NA gets a demo, too! Even though I’m gonna buy the game regardless, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we still doing these? If so here’s my friend code.  2063 0439 1357

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Biggie said:

Are we still doing these? If so here’s my friend code.  2063 0439 1357

Did you get a new 3DS? Pretty sure I have you on my Friend List, but if you got new hardware I'll have to re-add you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Did you get a new 3DS? Pretty sure I have you on my Friend List, but if you got new hardware I'll have to re-add you.

No I checked. You’re still there. You were playing last night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Biggie said:

No I checked. You’re still there. You were playing last night!

Indeed I was! Brushing up on Persona Q before the sequel comes out. Tryin’ to be responsible, man! LOL

 

By the way, did you pick up Fire Emblem Echoes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GameDadGrant said:

Indeed I was! Brushing up on Persona Q before the sequel comes out. Tryin’ to be responsible, man! LOL

 

By the way, did you pick up Fire Emblem Echoes?

Not yet. Playing thru Samus Returns right now. It’s so good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you remotely ever want to play Yo-Kai Watch 3 sometime in the future and haven't bought a copy. DO IT NOW. The game pretty much looks to be OOS in all of canada (Amazon, Bestbuy,Walmart, EBGames, zereo stock online or in stores). In the states Amazon.com is down to a few 3rd party sellers.  Like EO Nexus that came out earlier in the week is far more accessible to purchase right now then Yo-Kai watch 3. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’d be surprised if Yo-Kai Watch 3 got an even medium-sized print run. Probably limited to just pre-orders and a couple of extras for stores. Guaranteed to be OOP by this summer, I’d guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah I’d be surprised if Yo-Kai Watch 3 got an even medium-sized print run. Probably limited to just pre-orders and a couple of extras for stores. Guaranteed to be OOP by this summer, I’d guess.

Which is sad because I'm actually enjoying the game and I feel many will miss out. I very much expect to find this on some hidden gems video in 5 years.  As we see with WiiWare, eShop isn't going to be around forever. 

 

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I think the next game I’m going to download will be SMT Strange Journey 

Nice, I still need to pick up a copy. Not sure why I keep dragging my feat on that one. I had great fun with Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers on 3ds. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only imagine how limited the print run will be for Persona Q 2. I mean, Yo-Kai Watch 3 certainly had a small run, but Atlus' game is likely to be even smaller. 

 

Or will it....?

 

Persona games sell decently well in North America, yeah? Maybe this will be a small success? ...I'm just not sure, even a "big" name like Persona coming THIS late in the 3DS lifespan doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. But...ya never know! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×