~~ 3DS Community Thread ~~

chakoo

Hello to the dozen of us left... 

R1fdEt3.gif

Anyways since the 3DS has cooled off a lot for most I though I would jump start the community thread again like we use to have on the handheld boards for those of us who wish to talk about 3DS stuff that might not warrant a full topic of it's own. There is still some decent life left in the 3DS with still a few notable titles on the way (Luigi's Mansion, Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Persona Q2).

@GameDadGrant @CastlevaniaNut18

So anyways to kick off the thread, I would like to celebrate with showing off my 37th 3DS/1st n2DS.... It's amazing to look at in person. I was talking to GameDadGrant over PM about it since he also got one and we use to talk about n2ds LE in the old thread.

eywL7jzilkjquk1L-1joH3foPlHfoMCfCx6rsDjb

Normally I don't open these but I couldn't help my self with this one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

As soon as a good sale on a 2DS happens I’m going to snag one. I still need to play Metroid and the new Wario Ware. 

Keep an eye out for Black Friday, that normally is when the best deals happen for a 3ds system. I can see them doing a $100 n2ds this year like they did the $100 n3ds a while back.

HORRAY THE THREAD REVIVES ONCE MORE.

I haven't been playing jack shit on my 3DS. Sucks, because I was starting Strange Journey and beat the first area boss.... only to not save because I thought a new quest after unlocking new area was going to be easy.

OH boy I forgot the golden rule of SMT games.

=( I've been tempted to buy Yo-kai blasters this week but it's been slow to show up at retail stores in Canada. Only one who seems to have some stock in stores is EB and it's kind of sporadic (one close to work has done, one near the mall has red but now blue, only blue is further out of the city). =/ I might have to cave and just hit up amazon.ca for a copy. I know Yo-kai watch 1 & 2 were everywhere in Canada, and still is, but 2.5 wasn't and I feel this one might be harder to find in a few months. =/ In the mean time i've been playing my import copy i've had for a while.

20 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Has Persona Q 2 been announced for localization? 

I’m looking at downloading Dillon’s Dead Heat Breakers sometime soon. I wanna finish off Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology first, though.

Not sure but Atlus is good at doing late localization. We're getting Etrian Odesy Nexus next year and that just hit japan a few weeks ago. Plus it's persona which sells.

I liked the demo to Dillon's Dead Heat, I'm kind of angry that we didn't get a physical print but Europe and Japan did. =|

12 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

OH boy I forgot the golden rule of SMT games.

What that there is always something ready to kill you in the next 5 seconds? =P

8 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@chakoo

Etrian Odyssey Nexus, eh? Wasn’t aware of that one. Nice! Good to see 3DS still getting support into 2019.

I wonder what else is coming 2019, if anything? Maybe some more stuff was going to be announced/revealed in that Nintendo Direct that got canceled due to the typhoon?

The Mario & Luigi remake I mentioned is coming next year. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The Mario & Luigi remake I mentioned is coming next year. 

True. I don’t need it, but I’m going to buy it anyway. I have no self control, lol. 

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I so don't need it but I so wanted to pull the trigger in a New Nintendo 3DS  XLR recently but my 3DSxl  is just fine. I just wanted the better 3ds functionality and the ability to get some of the SNES games.

Do it! You won’t regret it! (probably)

• Like 1

Nintendo Direct happening today. I don't know if it'll happen, but I'm hoping for some surprise 3DS announcements. Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest, anyone? Maybe ride on the hype of the recently released Dragon Quest XI

.....why oh why did they not just localize the 3DS version of that game? Uuuuuggghhhh.....

By the way @chakoo what are your party plans if/when Persona Q 2 is announced for North America? I'm thinking toga party, personally.

Yay 3ds still has some life in 2019 even if it's mostly ports. 

Also I picked up Yo-kai Watch Blasters Blue Dog today (local gameshop got a copy). I was always curious how the 2.0 content was going to be rolled into the USA release but happy to see it's coming as DLC. Now all the more reason for others to grab the game since there will be tons of content.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm excited about Kirby's Epic Yarn. I've had it on Wii for years, but I never got around to it. I'll definitely play it on a handheld. 

Same. I know it's a port but I enjoyed Yoshi Epic Yarn on 3DS so i'll gladly pick this one up since I never got around to playing it on the Wii even though I had it.

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

By the way @chakoo what are your party plans if/when Persona Q 2 is announced for North America? I'm thinking toga party, personally.

tenor.gif?itemid=9416005

-edit-

I'll probably actually import this and play through it this year because I don't think I'll be able to wait till next year for localization (much like I played through PQ1 in Japanese).

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Do you think they are going to release any new styles of 2DS systems @chakoo ? I’m not a fan of the black or white ones. 

Keep an eye out for black friday I say.

Japan got a Minecraft Green system this year. Maybe we'll see it as a surprise system.

nintendo-2ds-7.png

If not, how about purple?

2ds-xl-purple-front.png

(Hits september 28th)

I also still see some retailers have the Zelda or Pikachu n2ds LE units in stock.

Just wanted to check in on Yo-kai Busters. I'm having fun replaying through the game in english. It's not mind blowing good but still much fun like a saturday morning cartoon. So consider giving it a shot sometime before the game becomes hard to pick up (It's nintendo published but I'm not seeing many copies up here in canada).

On 9/15/2018 at 8:38 AM, GameDadGrant said:

I may need that black and red unit. I’m thinking of importing.

Nah it's too generic. If you really want a red unit the Pokeball one is still the best.

And if you were to go for imports. The DQ Slime n2DS XL is very nice...

new_n2ds_cl_metal-slime.jpg?w=700

• 2 weeks later...

In prep for a business trip, I picked up a few more 3ds goodies. I got Code of Princess since it's $10 on eShop and then grabbed Culdcept Revolt LE off amazon since they're practically half off atm (It was $40 Cad). So hopefully I'll have tons of time on this trip to get through some of my games (taking a few others with me to finish off).

Also Yo-Kai Busters expansion/update finally hit the eshop. Sadly you won't see it listed on the store, the only way I could get my system to realize it was there was to remove and put back in the cart on my system (then it let me know an update was available). =/

On 9/27/2018 at 10:06 PM, chakoo said:

Another 2019 title was announced today, one that many were questioning if it would ever come stateside.

Yo-kai watch 3 is west bound in Feb 2019.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/09/27/yo-kai-watch-3-comes-to-north-america-and-europe-winter-2019

(jpn trailer)

Yyyyyaaaaaasssssss!!!!!

Now we wait for localization news of Persona Q 2. :D 

• Like 1

Question, why did people find epic Mickey to be a good game on the 3ds in the past? I found a used copy for cheap and gave it a shot. The constant drawing and erasing is a bore. -.-

————

btw, I end up keeping to yokai blasters mostly on my trip. Still enjoying the heck out of this game.