One of Spider-Man PS4's Most Heartfelt Easter Eggs Has Turned Into Something That Would Happen To Peter Parker (don't worry, no spoilers)

SaysWho?

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/09/one_of_spider-man_ps4s_most_heartfelt_easter_eggs_has_turned_sour

Back in May, Twitter user @topnotch1210, real name Tyler Schultz, tweeted out to Insomniac Games in the hopes that the studio would include a small easter egg for him inside Marvel's Spider-Man that would allow him to propose to his girlfriend. After some back and forth, it was agreed that the words "Madison, will you marry me?" would appear on the advertising board of a cinema, and if you do a bit of exploring in the game's re-creation of New York City, you'll find that the idea made it into the final game.

Here is his request and where it appears:

Here's where it went bad:

CLIFF NOTES FROM THE ARTICLE:

Unfortunately however, it doesn't look like things have gone to plan. Explained in the video below, it appears that the Madison in question left Tyler for his brother three to four weeks before the game's release.

Whoa.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Just came to post that after my friend just shared it to me.

It's not that it was bullshit that they used to go out. He had a darker side according to her side, and she left him. The proposal was gonna save everything in his mind, according to her. Oof.

His brother really did slide in after that.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Just came to post that after my friend just shared it to me.

It's not that it was bullshit that they used to go out. He had a darker side according to her side, and she left him. The proposal was gonna save everything in his mind, according to her. Oof.

His brother really did slide in after that.

I read that and laughed so hard.  His idea was to put a marriage proposal in a video game and the girl hated video games.  That was a great plan!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Along with this stupid in-game marriage proposal, the stupid reason Peter Parker will never stay married is because Joe Quesada thinks he's Spider-Man and insists the character must suffer relationship woes just as he has for all eternity. 

You know that Marvel has been putting out "Spiderman: renew your Vows" for the last several years right? It's an ongoing comic where Spiderman and Mary Jane's marriage was never retconned and they have a teenaged daughter who has his powers.  I don't read it but people seem to like it.

21 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I was immediately suspicious of the story. In a post-GamerGate world (assuming that we ARE post), taking any supposedly heartbroken male gamer at his word over something like this is rather naïve.

That's some high quality writing!

So it turns out that she really didn't date his brother...

https://kotaku.com/a-note-about-sundays-spider-man-proposal-story-1828998888

The ex-girlfriend in the story, who has been harassed in the fallout of the proposal’s coverage, denies dating the ex-boyfriend’s brother, a detail we share anew on our site to try to ward off further harassment.