Update: Nancy Pelosi's husband injured following failed assassination attempt

• 2 months later...

This is more related to Paul Pelosi, but he was assaulted in a home break-in today. 

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was “violently assaulted” by an assailant who broke into their San Francisco home early Friday, and he is now in the hospital and expected to make a full recovery, said her spokesman, Drew Hammill.

What I wonder is if the break-in was intended to actually target Nancy Pelosi. 

40 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This is more related to Paul Pelosi, but he was assaulted in a home break-in today. 

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was “violently assaulted” by an assailant who broke into their San Francisco home early Friday, and he is now in the hospital and expected to make a full recovery, said her spokesman, Drew Hammill.

What I wonder is if the break-in was intended to actually target Nancy Pelosi. 

just a normal break in nothing to see here

When this story first broke Fox News was pushing it as a "HA HA, look at the Dem run cities being run over with crime, it even happened to Pelosi, HA HA" and then the comments were (predictable) full of chuds high-fiving and sucking each other off in glee over the incident.

Now that it looks like it was a targeted attack they've turned off comments. SHOCKER.

Probably because they know the army of simple minded insipid dipshits they've spent the last 20 years grooming into blood thirsty shit lords would act exactly like they've been conditioned to act by their masters.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

How long until we see the first prominent right winger ask the question... what if this was a fake assault to make the right look bad?

Also, this is probably going to turn into a big enough "thing" that it should probably have it's own thread... or whatever. At any rate, the thread title should be changed.

Maybe "Pelosi is going to the hospital"

It doesn't matter why the guy did it or if it was about pizzagate, Donald Trump, or false-flagging a false flag. 

A guy broke into the Speaker of the House's house and assaulted her spouse with a hammer. Had she been home, it would have been her in the hospital. 

That level of blatant attack is on the table for lots of politicians. And while I think the only politicians that deserve to be violently attacked or threatened are the right wingers, the right wing are more likely to commit this than the left wing is. And we all know who the targets are in that case. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

12 minutes ago, CayceG said:

It doesn't matter why the guy did it or if it was about pizzagate, Donald Trump, or false-flagging a false flag. 

A guy broke into the Speaker of the House's house and assaulted her spouse with a hammer. Had she been home, it would have been her in the hospital. 

That level of blatant attack is on the table for lots of politicians. And while I think the only politicians that deserve to be violently attacked or threatened are the right wingers, the right wing are more likely to commit this than the left wing is. And we all know who the targets are in that case. 

I mean, January 6th basically set the stage for right wingers to just violently attack politicians they don't like.  Hell, I'm surprised that we haven't had more incidents like this since then, or even one assassination attempt.

• True 2

Just now, ort said:

He probably choose not to kill Paul. If you have a hammer and a half asleep 80 year old and you want that 80 year old dead, you can make that happen.

If Nancy was home, she would most likely have been killed and not be in the hospital.

Why the heck doesn't Pelosi have Secret Service (or at least a Capitol Police presence) at her home?  She's literally 2nd in line to become POTUS if the President and VP die. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Nancy Pelosi's husband undergoing brain surgery following failed assassination attempt
5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Why the heck doesn't Pelosi have Secret Service (or at least a Capitol Police presence) at her home?  She's literally 2nd in line to become POTUS if the President and VP die. 

she, and some congressional leaders, have a limited security detail, I assume that is on her person not her home

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

BTW I do agree that this was an assassination attempt against the Speaker.  Horrible that her husband was hurt seriously, but I'm glad she wasn't home at the time. 

She still won't second guess herself for not calling an impeachment vote on January 6 though I'm sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ort said:

Well, maybe I'm wrong. It sounded like his injuries were not life threatening.

I'm kinda shocked this guy didn't have guns. I mean, maybe he did and just didn't get the chance to use them.

Did he just give himself up?

CNN is speculating the alarm was tripped and it is a known address for SF Police. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Nancy Pelosi's husband injured following failed assassination attempt

The suspect was arrested, and on Friday afternoon, the San Francisco Police Department identified him as 42-year-old David Wayne Depape. Two law enforcement sources said that he is a resident of nearby Berkeley . The San Francisco Police Department said Friday afternoon that Depape will be charged with attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, burglary and several additional felonies.