Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

Started intermittent fasting (8-16) and 4 mile runs at 5:30am. Runs are ok. Fasting sucks. 

I also started to do single leg pistol squats because I was told that my right butt cheek is smaller than my left. No clue how that happened. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Started intermittent fasting (8-16) and 4 mile runs at 5:30am. Runs are ok. Fasting sucks. 

I also started to do single leg pistol squats because I was told that my right butt cheek is smaller than my left. No clue how that happened. 

Explain intermittent fasting. 

19 minutes ago, Slug said:

Explain intermittent fasting. 

Basically you eat your calories within a time period and fast the rest. I am doing an 8 hour window for food and 16 hours of fasting. During the fasting, you can only drink water.  I plan on doing this for at least 8 weeks to see if I notice any difference. 

Benefits from intermittent fasting

34 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Basically you eat your calories within a time period and fast the rest. I am doing an 8 hour window for food and 16 hours of fasting. During the fasting, you can only drink water.  I plan on doing this for at least 8 weeks to see if I notice any difference. 

Benefits from intermittent fasting

That's crazy that that's a thing.  I've been doing it for years just because it's when I get hungry and not even knowing it. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lol you are ahead of the game. 

I eat dinner about 6pm and don't eat again until around noon the next day.  I'm just not hungry in the mornings.  I do drink in the interim; water, tea and coffee.  So it probably doesn't count.

This weather is amazing.  71 high.  Makes it much tolerable to run longer.

Split my running  a bit.  Did about 1.5 miles first, then another .72 miles, totaling to 2.22 for the first bit.  Walked for about 10 minutes, did another 1 mile run, walking the rest.

Fitbit says I did about 5.63 total distance within the hour with walking and jogging.  Not bad... I guess?

On 8/22/2018 at 3:27 PM, darkness35 said:

1 day of rest is not enough for me.

Struggled to do a mile straight.  Struggled more to do a 1/3 mile.  Had to walk the rest of my route.

Look into recovery techniques for runners. You might need to do foam rolling and specific stretches the next day. Perhaps some light weight lifting 

Has anyone here ever gone down the rabbit hole of making your own protein/energy bars? I'm a very active person with my job so it's pretty common for me to have some sort of a protein bar once a day and I've never actually looked into making your own (if it's possible). Before I go searching online and sifting through cutesy pinterest shit I was wondering if anyone here already makes anything. Preferably something you make in a batch that will last at least a week. 

7 hours ago, darkness35 said:

So um yeah.  My ankles and feet have been having difficulty to recover. 

Would really like to run, but earlier today even walking without wincing from sharp sensation was a struggle. :\

Is it your shoes?

It took me a while to find the right running shoes that didn't damage my feet. I'm all Reebok, the brand just fits my flat ass flipper feet.

2 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Is it your shoes?

It took me a while to find the right running shoes that didn't damage my feet. I'm all Reebok, the brand just fits my flat ass flipper feet.

Might be.  I had training and was wearing formal/fashion shoes for 4 days of training, 8 hours a day, and the right shoe was digging into the backside of my foot.  I wouldn't be surprised that because of that slight discomfort I was starting to put more pressure on my left foot/ankle/leg, although I had some wincing last week before training began.

And then there's my sneakers, which might be worn out considering how the material/fabric towards the front of the foot felt super soft...

31 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

Might be.  I had training and was wearing formal/fashion shoes for 4 days of training, 8 hours a day, and the right shoe was digging into the backside of my foot.  I wouldn't be surprised that because of that slight discomfort I was starting to put more pressure on my left foot/ankle/leg, although I had some wincing last week before training began.

And then there's my sneakers, which might be worn out considering how the material/fabric towards the front of the foot felt super soft...

You're training in normal shoes?????

There's a reason they make athletic ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

wtf! That was so dangerous

Looked it up. The guy for banned, the kid is suing, and he for free gym memberships at other gyms. He was recording this for his trainer to give him feedback.

It's crazy!  I've seen a lot of videos online, but this was the first time i ever saw someone basically get assaulted while working out.