The Automotive Thread

SuperSpreader

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Does it still lose to a Tesla?  :p

Reveal hidden contents

It’s faster on the 1/4, like most performance cars :p 

Also, this is running on a similar and upgraded platform as the GT350 (suspension/handling wise) to my knowledge, which means it should be an absolute monster on turns/a track. The GT350 beats a Ferarri 488 on tracks, this might be a new benchmark :sun: 

No official numbers on anything yet as Ford is still tinkering with the engine before it goes into production, but rumors have it that the mules (test cars) are pushing 740hp and Fords goal is about 750, alongside a 1/4 mile time in the 10 second range (people are claiming Ford wants 10.7-10.8 consistently). But it’s all rumors, Fords official statements currently are “over 700hp” and a 1/4 mile run “below 11 seconds”. Fords official statement on 0-60 is “mid-3 second range”, which doesn’t sound overly impressive, but, this could be a conservative estimate, and, the car is front-engine and RWD, without either going mid-engine/rear-engine or AWD, a 3.2-3.5 second 0-60 time is kind of the limit unless you’re using non-street legal drag slick tires in the rear and drag skinnies in the front (which is what the Dodge Demon uses for the 2.1 sec 0-60, on its street tires it winds up being in the 3-second range).

• 3 months later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/the-v-8-engine-has-no-future-at-genesis/ar-AABvDWP?ocid=AMZN

Hyundai’s premium brand Genesis will eventually drop the Tau V-8 engine that’s currently offered both on the G80 and G90 sedans. The G80 (pictured below), a car that started its career as the second-gen Hyundai Genesis and was renamed the Genesis G80 for the 2017 model year, will get a complete makeover and drop the engine next year. "The G80 range will be topped off by the V-6," Genesis CEO Manfred Fitzgerald told Car and Driver.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:30 PM, Remarkableriots said:

Yea, their V8 was never all that great and their 3.3L Turbo V6 gives basically the same performance with a 2-3mpg increase on average (the mpg is actually kinda awful compared to rivals on their Turbo V6, it’s 17/25 for the V6 and the V8 was 15/23 iirc, but most of the rival Turbo V6 engines seem to get 21/30 with similar performance). It’s clear it was a replacement to phase out the V8 when it launched in the G80 Sport and G90 a year or two back. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m going out on a limb and saying that either they’re not showing the production model or you can’t actually buy it (only test drives) since it doesn’t look like it meets a lot of US regulations from the few pictures on the website (for instance: no airbag).

I found another website that says because there are such low production amounts it's legal 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, the new Corvette is absolutely insane. The 0-60 is “under 3-seconds” if you get the ZR1 package and that should price it in the mid-$60k range. This is the performance and looks of a car that costs well over 2x as much. I’m considering if I only need 2-seats :p 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, Spork3245 said:

Okay, the new Corvette is absolutely insane. The 0-60 is “under 3-seconds” if you get the ZR1 package and that should price it in the mid-$60k range. This is the performance and looks of a car that costs well over 2x as much. I’m considering if I only need 2-seats :p 

Not a chance a 60k, the 2 Ive seen were 130k and 140k.

5 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Link? I mean, I don’t know what two you’ve seen considering these aren’t out yet.

The starting MSRP for the 2020 Vette is “below $60k” and the Z51 package that gets it below 3-seconds to 60mph, is basically just magnetic dampers, tires, and what-not, which is not going to more-than double that base msrp. It’s expected to add $4-6k.

7 hours ago, SimpleG said:

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Link? I mean, I don’t know what two you’ve seen considering these aren’t out yet.

The starting MSRP for the 2020 Vette is “below $60k” and the Z51 package that gets it below 3-seconds to 60mph, is basically just magnetic dampers, tires, and what-not, which is not going to more-than double that base msrp. It’s expected to add $4-6k.

Oh, I accidentally wrote “ZR1” in my initial post. There’s no ZR1, or even Z06, for the 2020 Corvette yet. The 0-60mph of under 3-seconds is for the base model with the Z51 package, not a specialty model with engine upgrades/changes. The 8th generation Vette as a Z06 probably won’t come around until 2021-2022, ZR1 several years after, and they’re probably going to be running Dodge Demon numbers all things considered. :p 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, I accidentally wrote “ZR1” in my initial post. There’s no ZR1, or even Z06, for the 2020 Corvette yet. The 0-60mph of under 3-seconds is for the base model with the Z51 package, not a specialty model with engine upgrades/changes. The 8th generation Vette as a Z06 probably won’t come around until 2021-2022, ZR1 several years after, and they’re probably going to be running Dodge Demon numbers all things considered. :p 

Oops  the ones I’ve seen were 2019 models . 

https://www.cabledahmerkc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2019-Chevrolet-Corvette-Coupe_ZR1_3ZR-Kansas_City-MO/3436947223

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

The ZR1 on the 8th generation will probably be at a similar price considering the base has a similar price to the current 7th generation. That ZR1 was a typo in my original post, it was supposed to be Z51 which is around $63k new at MSRP on the 2019s. I kinda expect the 8th gen ZR1 to be running something crazy like 1.8 seconds to 60 or something else ridiculous, or at least a quarter in the low-mid 8s... which is friggen insane, even at the $130-140k pricing of the ZR1 version. The base model C8 Vette is already beating out super and hyper cars that cost $200-600k to 60 and probably matching or beating them on the track.