The Automotive Thread

SuperSpreader

10 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

That Mustang looks sexy AF! :drool:

We're looking at getting a used AMG GLA 45 or a new Mini Cooper Countryman JCW in a few years. My wife is leaning towards the AMG, I'm leaning toward the Mini Coop although I'm hot for both of them. I've also considered the S4 but we'll see, we're still a few years away!

I’d do the GLA over the Mini Cooper. Minis are... not the best for reliability and interior quality. Plus, that AMG should be speedy and handle nicely. :p 

You may also want to consider a BMW 440i gran coupe (four door with hatched trunk).

15 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

More interior pics pls 

5420_FF45-_EED3-43_BF-_A8_D3-0_FEBF0952_

734525_CE-1_F9_F-4367-92_E8-6_D71197_F01

82_F2_CF1_C-_A93_F-4_E07-_B3_AF-9_DD48_C

A613_DBDA-74_AF-4298-_B705-_A234_D4_A4_F

C5_B88_CE9-_F056-47_CF-8902-6_ED0_E2_A9_

FF7_D301_B-7072-470_E-_B28_B-1604346_A57

The leather is WAY thicker, the headrests feel like legit pillows :p 

There are virtually no hard plastics on anywhere that would actually be touched; everything is soft-touch with varying degrees of “softness”, even the center console around the cup holders. Also, notice all of the accent stitching. The leather on the armrests is also MUCH thicker than my 2016 GT Premium :sun: 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:36 PM, Spork3245 said:

5420_FF45-_EED3-43_BF-_A8_D3-0_FEBF0952_

734525_CE-1_F9_F-4367-92_E8-6_D71197_F01

82_F2_CF1_C-_A93_F-4_E07-_B3_AF-9_DD48_C

A613_DBDA-74_AF-4298-_B705-_A234_D4_A4_F

C5_B88_CE9-_F056-47_CF-8902-6_ED0_E2_A9_

FF7_D301_B-7072-470_E-_B28_B-1604346_A57

The leather is WAY thicker, the headrests feel like legit pillows :p 

There are virtually no hard plastics on anywhere that would actually be touched; everything is soft-touch with varying degrees of “softness”, even the center console around the cup holders. Also, notice all of the accent stitching. The leather on the armrests is also MUCH thicker than my 2016 GT Premium :sun: 

Looks like Ford has come a long way with the interior of the Mustang.

I like the tachometer.

2 hours ago, Scape Zero said:

Repos or just overall couldn't actually afford it.

Believe it or not, what I said is the most likely. I used to think it was repos or bailing on a car they couldn’t afford until I actually started asking the finance guys at dealerships. People are nuts. :lol: 

My wife drives a vw rabbit and is going to need a new car in about a year. She knows because of how people drive she should get something sturdier, but she likes small cars. She shuts down the conversation when ever I try to discuss it with her.

Right now my suggestions to her are

Mini Countryman

MINI-Cooper-S-E-Countryman-ALL4-2.jpg

Volvo XC40

message-editor%252F1525901043026-volvo-f

bmw x1

2016-bmw-x1-revealed-news-car-and-driver

Unfortunately she says she's done with German cars (and pacifists swedes) - maybe i can convince her to try the Bolt?

9 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

My wife drives a vw rabbit and is going to need a new car in about a year. She knows because of how people drive she should get something sturdier, but she likes small cars. She shuts down the conversation when ever I try to discuss it with her.

Right now my suggestions to her are

Mini Countryman

MINI-Cooper-S-E-Countryman-ALL4-2.jpg

Volvo XC40

message-editor%252F1525901043026-volvo-f

bmw x1

2016-bmw-x1-revealed-news-car-and-driver

Unfortunately she says she's done with German cars (and pacifists swedes) - maybe i can convince her to try the Bolt?

The new Infiniti crossover has been getting good reviews. I think it’s the QX50

My daily drivers: 

2018 Dodge Durango GT and a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn

Wp0xXSV.jpg

And my Rock Crawler. 1985 Toyota Pickup (Hilux). Sadly, I blew it up wheeling a few years a go and its been sitting dead on the side of my house. I hate working on cars, so I have been unmotivated to fix it. Thinking of selling it but I really dont want to. 

j2SNKjY.jpg

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@Scape Zero @2user1cup @eggydoo

Here’s a better vid of my digital dash; I flipped through the modes so you can see it change as well as put the description on so you can see what settings are changing in the center (steering feel/precision, throttle, suspension and exhaust modes)

That's cool, didn't realize it was digital.

• 1 month later...

If you’ve ever dated a horse girl you would know they’re awful. They are usually obsessed with their horse, talk about it frequently, and will put their horse before you 95% of the time. They’re out of touch with reality. If you’re a car guy maybe some or all of that applies to you 

8 hours ago, johnny said:

If you’ve ever dated a horse girl you would know they’re awful. They are usually obsessed with their horse, talk about it frequently, and will put their horse before you 95% of the time. They’re out of touch with reality. If you’re a car guy maybe some or all of that applies to you 

Not even a tiny bit. But there’s certainly car people like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update as I just hit 1k miles after roughly 2-months of ownership. The car is just so damn fast, it does not get old - once you hit about 4k rpm it’s just a rocket ship. The exhaust in track-mode is just absolutely redonkulous: flipping into the sport, track or drag drive mode with the exhaust set to track and giving a smidge of throttle to hear it burble on the upshift is just magic every single time and has yet to become stale. This is honestly one of the best sounding stock exhaust systems I've ever heard, the only ones better being the Jaguar F-Type R and the Shelby GT350, even still, it’s pretty close. The handling is also night and day compared to my previous Mustang when it’s in sport or track mode - it just stays completely flat with basically 0 body lean or roll when hitting a turn hard, it seriously sticks to the ground, even with the all-season tires I put on it. I’m also glad I got the Safe & Smart package as rain sensing windshield wipers, lane keep assist, and adaptive cruise control are about the greatest thing ever, especially the latter two on the highway.

The car is just fantastic, sooooo much better than any of my other Mustangs.