What kind of pillow do you sleep on?

DarkStar189

I’ve had a rough time lately finding a comfortable pillow. Most local stores I’ve checked are filled with some sort of foam/memory foam and they don’t seem to work out. They last a few months before they start to lose their shape, or the memory foam is just too firm for me and aren’t comfortable. As a kid/teen my parents always had some sort of a feather pillow or down feather pillows. I remember never having a problem with those. Anybody here have any recommendations? Hoping to not spend more than $100. Not sure where to start with google searching. Seems like it’s filled with a bunch of junk.

TEMPUR-Neck_Pillow_Hero.jpg
WWW.TEMPURPEDIC.COM

Buy two and save! Its contoured, ergonomic design follows the natural curve of your body, properly supporting your head, neck and shoulders when you sleep on your...

I don’t have this pillow but something that is very similar. I like the contour shape of it and since it’s pretty heavy, the pillow doesn’t move much. I am a restless sleeper. Regular pillows would always end up all over the place. I would inevitably wake up to readjust the pillow. 

21 hours ago, Brian said:
TEMPUR-Neck_Pillow_Hero.jpg
WWW.TEMPURPEDIC.COM

Buy two and save! Its contoured, ergonomic design follows the natural curve of your body, properly supporting your head, neck and shoulders when you sleep on your...

I don’t have this pillow but something that is very similar. I like the contour shape of it and since it’s pretty heavy, the pillow doesn’t move much. I am a restless sleeper. Regular pillows would always end up all over the place. I would inevitably wake up to readjust the pillow. 

I’ve tried that shape before but wasn’t big on it. They have another pillow on that site though that looked alright. Traditional cloud pillow. I just ordered that one too so thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I’ve tried that shape before but wasn’t big on it. They have another pillow on that site though that looked alright. Traditional cloud pillow. I just ordered that one too so thanks for the suggestion.

With the contour pillow, it is suggested you measure your neck if you are a side sleeper to get the right size. I had to return the first pillow because I found it too low for side sleeping 

Good luck on your pillow hunt. It is a frustrating experience until you find a pillow that works for you. 

• Like 1

Due to a shoulder injury that I still haven’t had time to get taken care of (though finally going in to get it checked out in a couple weeks), I can literally only get comfortable enough to sleep if I’m completely flat on my back, so no pillows at the moment.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Sounds like what I’m looking for. Ordered a few for me and the kids. 

Cool, glad that may work for you!

I'd be curious to get one of Ikea's more expensive down pillows (~$80) but it's kind of a steep gamble. 

5 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Obviously a bowling ball is the best tool to demonstrate the benefits of a pillow.

lol I loved watching him being a snake oil salesman on TV. I don't know if that is even the correct terms to use here but Iike it. :cool:

Comparing a human head to a bowling ball. :facepalm:

• Halal 1