Shorter game experiences, which are worth playing?

gamer.tv

I think I've hit that tipping point again where I can't really focus on playing a long, focused single player experience.  The last time this happened, it was followed by a lot of reading, a lot of movie watching and an abandonment of gaming for about 3 months until I played Journey in one sitting. 

Just to preempt this, I would love to hear some suggestions for shorter gaming experiences.  At my disposal are a PS4, PS3, 360 and a Wii U, so hopefully a fair spread of games available. 

Currently, I'm eyeing up the likes of Inside, Undertale and Pyre, but I'd love to hear about pretty much any worth while games of a shorter length (or pick up and play in nature, in the vain of say Peggle) that I can dip in and out of whilst I've got my lovely 53 hour weeks. 

Cheers chums. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Do you want something that's purely about the gameplay or more of a narrative experience? Gameplay-wise, there are great games like Celeste. From the narrative side of things, you have stuff like Oxenfree or Night in the Woods.

Both are fine with me.  I really enjoyed Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture a few years ago and I’ve just remembered we do have The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

But please recommend away!

Some great suggestions above. Some I would suggest would be:

Heavenly Sword - PS3  

The Order 1886 - PS4  

The Force Awakens 2 - PS3/360

Those are the 3 that I can remember off the top of my head that can probably be beaten in 2-4 sittings that I enjoyed. No more than 6 hour games each at most. 

1 hour ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Bulletstorm

Spec Ops: The Line

These are great suggestions. Bulletstorm is an absolutely fantastic shooter and it’s biggest critism was that’s it’s too short. So there you go! And Spec Ops is a game you really want to play on easy and just enjoy the (fantastic) story which makes it even shorter.

I don't know how we're defining short here.  Journey is maybe 90 minutes, but a lot of games mentioned here are 8+ hours.

If you're looking for truly short experiences, here are some of my recent favorites:

Downwell

Donut County

Devil Daggers

The Fall

Jazzpunk

OlliOlli

SUPERHOT

Renegade Ops

Into the Breach

Rocket League