Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

General Gaming Battlefield V - first details on Firestorm (Battle Royale) mode

Recommended Posts

Hopefully this isn't just a throw away mode they've added because of the popularity of battle royale right now, and they've put some actual thought and care into this mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brick said:

Hopefully this isn't just a throw away mode they've added because of the popularity of battle royale right now, and they've put some actual thought and care into this mode. 

DICE is launching the game with 8 modes.  That's absolute insanity and practical evidence of quantity over quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

DICE is launching the game with 8 modes.  That's absolute insanity and practical evidence of quantity over quality.

 

That's pretty par for the course for Battlefield nowadays though. Remember the pigeon mode? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

DICE is launching the game with 8 modes.  That's absolute insanity and practical evidence of quantity over quality.

That’s a lot of modes. Do you think they will have the player base to sustain that many?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all sounds good on paper but Battlefield (and COD) are very much a die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn affair and a very low TTK is a big part of that. Are we all going to be running around a big open map dying in one or two hits from some guy prone in some rubble because it's hard to identify anything? I'm very skeptical of both this and COD trying to do BR. Fortnite and PUBG have done very well with longer combat/low TTK and Fortnite has especially done well because there is basically no such thing as long or medium distance spam which means you can close distance to actually engage your enemy as opposed to dying from them the second you step out. Fortnite also has a ton of zany items to help close distance to engage on a more even playing field.

 

The idea of vehicles and squading up with 3 other friends with graphics like this sounds cool but I don't think it's going to dethrone the popular modes. And if the player count is not consistently in the tens of thousands and you can't queue up in a minute or two, the mode will be in a death spiral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

That’s a lot of modes. Do you think they will have the player base to sustain that many?

LOL no LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all of my dislike for the changes they made in BFV, im still hoping they can make some tweaks and provide a good experience. however,  theres one thing I pray and hope to sweet baby jesus is that this battle royale shit dies a quick and painful death. If its discovered that BF gameplay has been altered to the state its in because of some connection to the battle royale mode, then I hope BFV dies and servers are empty within 6 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kevwil said:

This all sounds good on paper but Battlefield (and COD) are very much a die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn-die-respawn affair and a very low TTK is a big part of that. Are we all going to be running around a big open map dying in one or two hits from some guy prone in some rubble because it's hard to identify anything? I'm very skeptical of both this and COD trying to do BR. Fortnite and PUBG have done very well with longer combat/low TTK and Fortnite has especially done well because there is basically no such thing as long or medium distance spam which means you can close distance to actually engage your enemy as opposed to dying from them the second you step out. Fortnite also has a ton of zany items to help close distance to engage on a more even playing field.

 

The idea of vehicles and squading up with 3 other friends with graphics like this sounds cool but I don't think it's going to dethrone the popular modes. And if the player count is not consistently in the tens of thousands and you can't queue up in a minute or two, the mode will be in a death spiral.

 

Fortnite and PUBG have really quick TTK's too, arguable just as quick as Battlefield.  Headshots will down you near instantly in any of those games, just like BF.  Bodyshots in Battlefield typically give you the time to react and heal yourself.  BF1 it was pretty tough to down a good medic if he had any type of cover nearby. 

 

It kind of looks like both BF and CoD will have Squad only Battle Royales, no solos.  That changes the dynamics quite a bit, even from a TTK perspective because of revives.  

 

Either way, I'm excited to see how both franchises interpret Battle Royale and I hope both do it well, more variety is always great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...