~*Rick and Morty*~ Season 7 trailer released, airs Oct 15th

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping as a reminder to all who might of forgotten. Only 40min left for me as of posting this.🫠

Damn that was pretty dark and lots of new threads to connect. Great setups from previous seasons and cool new origin stories. Savage Jerry was great and loved having him be ahead of Morty on talking points. Be interesting seeing where the series goes after last years finale and how this one started. 

Finally caught up on the first two episodes - really liked the first episode. Loved it confirmed a bunch of things I wasn't quite sure about with regard to timelines and versions of the characters (the random fact they brought the wrong Jerry back from the Jerry Jamboree episode was great). The second episode was solid but a bit boring. I liked the emphasis on the different aspects that make up Morty and it was a pretty dark finale that perhaps a really important aspect of Morty may have been left behind, but all the Die Hard stuff was overdone to me. A plot element I'm sure will be picked up later on. So far so good I'd say for season 6. 

Also did anyone watch the spin-off show/episode Vindicators 2 (a prequel to Vindicators 3 from season 3, episode 4)? It was released online and treated as a separate thing, like a true spin-off. The wife and I just watched it, it's ten 3-5 minute shorts (basically all adding up to one normal length episode of the main show). I had my wife and I watch Vindicators 3 first since it'd been so long, and watching Vindicators 2 right after was actually pretty fun and funny. It explains a lot of why the Vindicators are where they are at by the time of Vindicators 3. I recommend everyone check them out, all ten parts are free on Adult Swim (though listed out of order - make sure to watch episodes in the order listed elsewhere online). Here's a link to the first part of ten, the rest are there if you scroll down to "extras" right there on the page. I hope they make more episodes of this spin-off show given there's still Vindicators 1 to cover and Supernova is still alive and hasn't shown up again since the end of Vindicators 3 so there could be sequels as well.

2_227211031395-RAM_The_Vindicators2_101.
WWW.ADULTSWIM.COM

Episode 1. The Vindicators are back. Except it’s the past and they’re all still alive. Prequel, baby!

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed the first episode. The second episode started off with a very promising concept but I don’t think it really hit its mark.

and while I get the point that last season had a good premiere and honestly a good first two or three episodes, I think on the whole, the beginning and end of season five were strong enough to make it a good season even if it had a pretty low midway point.

That was the best episode of anything I've ever seen in my life, and if you don't understand its brilliance, I hope someone whacks you 30 times in the head with a shovel until your brain falls into your gut and shits out into an overflowing toilet which then pushes your brain into your throat or, equally as bad, @sblfilms overcharges you when you visit his theater.

I haven't watched the episode yet actually. Just felt like saying all that.

Very subtle but possibly "big" things going on in the past two episodes.

The die hard ep showed Rick more-or-less "killing" Morty's character development from the past seasons by allowing the parts of Morty that question Rick to "die" in that machine.

Last night's ep showed (in after credits scene) that Rick gave the Beths some type of love-potion wine after Jerry said he would kill himself if Beth ever cheated on him.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

How does the Jerry daycare exist without the portal network?

6tzna7.jpg

Well if they’re still other Rick’s out there, then they too probably have their own original ship from the first episode as well. That ship was able to travel to season 2 Jerry’s world, and so maybe they can still travel that way between universes. If not, then our Jerry might be the only one who could travel there with Rick’s car. Maybe all them Jerry’s have been stuck there ever since the end event of last season. 

• True 1

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

The slowly increasing traumatization of the children got funnier each time.

And the fucking games....

"Vampires? I thought this was supposed to be realistic!"

"Obviously in the game we live in a world where vampires hunt in clearings."

"But..."

"I'M WORKING WITH THE SAME INFORMATION YOU ARE, MORTY."

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Them being stuck in the forest definitely made me ROFL. 

I kept wondering what was going to happen once/if they escaped. :lol: 

I also love how they setup what the realism was going to be like. "Oh, it's going to take longer because space is much emptier in reality."

And having to FIND each other on the fucking street, with the Blanka-like character putting in change to take the subway, motherfucking A :lol: 

• Haha 1