Update: Connecticut jury orders Alex Jones to pay nearly $1 billion in compensatory damages to relatives of Sandy Hook victims

The only thing that these otherwise clueless lawyers have bought Jones is time, which may be enough if Jones' accountants are better than his lawyers. None of the legal strategy (in the broadest sense of the term) here seemed to be around actually winning. If all their stalling has bought enough time for Jones to hide his assets (legally or otherwise), they may well have done enough.

Of course, with this colossal screw up there's now a potential perjury issue, but I have no idea how that works. Does the DoJ need to decide to press charges for perjury? Is that a difficult case to prove, even with the evidence we've seen so far?

13 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Of course, with this colossal screw up there's now a potential perjury issue, but I have no idea how that works. Does the DoJ need to decide to press charges for perjury? Is that a difficult case to prove, even with the evidence we've seen so far?

It would be up to Texas prosecutors to file perjury charges as this defamation trial is occurring in state court.

As for the difficulty of proving, I really don't know.

7 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sounds like those are the compensatory damages which are only supposed to do what the name suggests. Any word on punitive damages?

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s still to come I guess.

Punitive damages won't be decided until Jones' lawyers accidentally release his furry videos to the plaintiffs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Punitive damages are tommorow so there may be more.

Praying for so much in punitive damages that he winds up homeless in a ditch, begging for meals for the rest of his disgusting and miserable life. 

And I hope those texts bring down some other assholes in his orbit. Glenn Greenwald perhaps?

11 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Praying for so much in punitive damages that he winds up homeless in a ditch, begging for meals for the rest of his disgusting and miserable life. 

And I hope those texts bring down some other assholes in his orbit. Glenn Greenwald perhaps?

mad long as he can still do his podcast, and get speaking engagements that will never happen. Best we could hope for is his income is garnished in some way where he has to keep paying out like a tax. Which I don’t know is a thing for something like this. 

even if they take all he has now, he can start making it back. 

it would be nice if there was a domino effect to this though, yeah. 

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

One of the lawyers for the Sandy Hook parents said yesterday that the maximum amount of punitive damages is $750,000 due to Texas law. So the biggest chunk is out.

Blame Gregg Abbott, because he put that in place.

After he got his insane settlement