Breaking: CIA drone strike in Afghanistan has eliminated al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri

12 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Republicans and Fox News still talk about Trump taking out al-Baghdadi like he parted the Red Sea and Democrats will forget this in two days. 

Probably a feature, not a bug, right? Democrats recognize that there are other problems to solve; Republicans have to cling to small victories. :p

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Breaking: CIA drone strike in Afghanistan has eliminated al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri
23 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Republicans and Fox News still talk about Trump taking out al-Baghdadi like he parted the Red Sea and Democrats will forget this in two days. 

I don't think Democrats forgot even Biden killing ISIS leader Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi. They just have different priorities as to what is important to them, from climate to student debt to labor and abortion. They expect things to happen, whereas Republicans seem to think Trump did a lot even though he only has one major piece of legislation he signed in tax cuts for rich people.

Politically speaking, his approval rating has gone up a few points in the past week, and with decreasing gas prices, CHIPS bill, a possible historic climate/Medicare deal, and potentially legalizing gay marriage via Congress in September, this would continue a string of good news cycles for him. I'm hoping for more good news so we can stem losses in November and keep the Senate.

• Halal 1

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'll probably get cancelled for this but fucking whatever... I feel bad for whoever has to maintain al-Qaeda's org charts. There, I said it.

It's probably maintained by AQ's human resources department:

form.jpg
WWW.HCAMAG.COM

The latest revelations offer a chilling insight into the terrorist organization’s own HR approach.

• True 1

The operation was conducted in downtown Kabul on Sunday at the home of an aide to a senior Taliban official and was in planning for six months.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Monday confirmed that a U.S. drone strike in Afghanistan this weekend killed al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri, declaring “justice has been delivered.” “This...

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The operation was conducted in downtown Kabul on Sunday at the home of an aide to a senior Taliban official and was in planning for six months.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Monday confirmed that a U.S. drone strike in Afghanistan this weekend killed al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri, declaring “justice has been delivered.” “This...

Thanks Joebama!

From what I gather, this strike was conducted using Hellfires with no-yield warheads which rely on kinetic energy to eliminate the target or they used a couple of "flying ginsu knife" Hellfires:

MQ-1_Predator,_armed_with_AGM-114_Hellfi
WWW.ENGINEERING.COM

CIA and the Department of Defense have been using a secret weapon against individual targets to minimize civilian casualties.

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

From what I gather, this strike was conducted using Hellfires with no-yield warheads which rely on kinetic energy to eliminate the target or they used a couple of "flying ginsu knife" Hellfires:

MQ-1_Predator,_armed_with_AGM-114_Hellfi
WWW.ENGINEERING.COM

CIA and the Department of Defense have been using a secret weapon against individual targets to minimize civilian casualties.

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 3

12 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

One thing I want to make sure of by the end of my life: that nobody ever feels like I warrant a death so much that they'll plan it for six months.

I suspect that a few of my ex-girlfriends have been planning my execution for years.

• Sad 1

220802101940-02-drone-strike-aftermath-a
WWW.CNN.COM

CNN has identified what appears to be the house in Kabul, Afghanistan, hit by a Hellfire missile drone strike that killed al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, while he was on the balcony.

CNN has identified what appears to be the house in Kabul, Afghanistan, hit by a Hellfire missile drone strike that killed al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, while he was on the balcony.

The identification was made by geolocating and verifying the authenticity of three photos circulating social media since Sunday, in additional to utilizing archival, high-resolution satellite imagery.

The strike, which took place at 9:48 p.m. ET on Saturday and in the early hours of Sunday morning in Kabul, was authorized by US President Joe Biden following weeks of meetings with his Cabinet and key advisers.

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Heh, funny you mention that since this tweet was in response of the tweet I quoted:

Does that basement thing really track with that crowd? I’m surprised they are doing it still, it seems like such half-hearted criticism that nobody really would care about if it was true and it doesn’t do anything to really rally their voters. I mean, keep doing it I guess but it’s so lame it makes me cringe whenever I hear it.

I also always forget that the whole thing started because people made fun of Trump hiding in a bunker during BLM protests so they did their usual projection thing. Didn’t expect it to still be going though.

62e9054b60b200001871e891?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Biden announced on Monday that Ayman al-Zawahiri, the leader of Al Qaeda, was killed by a US drone strike in Afghanistan over the weekend.

Intelligence officials briefed Trump many times about senior terrorist figures the CIA wanted to track down and kill, mentioning al-Zawahiri, NBC News reported.

Two people familiar with the briefings told NBC News that Trump chose not to pursue al-Zawahiri because he didn't recognize his name and instead suggested targeting bin Laden's son, Hamza bin Laden.

"He would say, 'I've never heard of any of these people. What about Hamza bin Laden?'" one unnamed former official told NBC News.

A Pentagon official also told the news outlet: "That was the only name he knew."